I might be a TAD crazy (warning: content contains "Penzance")

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
New Cigars
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
I might be a TAD crazy, like a fox. Who's to say.
I ripped open my all-Esoterica box/deal today (via free two-day shipping): Margate (2-8oz), Penzance (4 tins+8oz), and Stonehaven (2-8oz). The Penzance tins were retail-priced, Margate was retail (if you had to pay for good shipping). The Stonehaven and the Penzance bags were the same price(!!), but well-above retail. But, but: both were the Penzance price you'd see on this forum or from that well-known guy, not eBay.
Now, it was an eBay seller who doesn't specialize in pipes and pipe tobaccos. I made a single purchase and the subject of one bag of Penzance came up. We did this one-time Esoterica mega-deal -- not via eBay. It started with just the Penzance (2013 vintage) and it grew, as he lowered the prices, as we added product.
If there were links to more of this I would certainly pass them along, as members of this forum do when this stuff shows up. This was a one off, but I did take a photo... I hope you can enjoy my TAD craziness in two dimensions.

=====
Misc. notes:

1. I think Penzance is a transcendent smoke, and I can now 'smoke it like I own it' in my many 9mm pipes.

2. I am drying some Stonehaven right now and it will be a first for me.

3. Buying tobacco is like buying a boat: if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Way to work a deal and pull the trigger. Bravo!

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Congrats. If you ever want to try Special Latakia Flake by Germaine will tarde 1 for 1 for Penzance.I am low on it, but enjoy both.

Status
Not open for further replies.