PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I enjoy Escudo myself, I have 3 jars in my cellar. I also like PS LBF I purchased a lb a year ago. I did purchase 1 tin of the Dunhill DNR was not impressed, may need some time in the cellar. Take Care.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I just decided that Escudo is my favorite tobacco. I have 16 tins in the cellar, but hope to get 50. My B&M stocks it for me at a reasonable price so I am slowly building as I shop there.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I just decided that Escudo is my favorite tobacco. I have 16 tins in the cellar, but hope to get 50. My B&M stocks it for me at a reasonable price so I am slowly building as I shop there.

I have to buy 3-4 tins every time I get any tobacco order from anywhere. My problem is I smoke it so much that I have a hard time cellaring any. I guess now I know what my tax return is going to be going for. I was going to get the new Mathews Monster Chill RR, but alas it seems that will not be the case.. LOL

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah I don't smoke as much as some only a few bowls per week so it easier for me to build. And when I do save up and order online I buy a lot of tins.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This past West Coast Pipe Show I ordered up a tin for a friend who would be in town for the show to help add to his cellar. He thanked me for the gesture, but said that he had about six years worth cellared already and that I should keep it. I was instructed to wait until Christmas of 2015 to open it.
Fast forward to Christmas, as always, I got a big gift certificate to SPC from my dad. Up until then I was pretty much only smoking aromatics. I decided before it came that I'd make it a point in the new year to start giving other blending styles a try. I ordered up some Elizabethan Deluxe Navy Rolls and McConnell's Scottish Cake along with some Luxury Bullseye Flake to give VaPers a go and some Full Virginia Flake and Dunhill Flake for straight Va blends.
My first smoke of LBF was in a new MM Washington straight and it was pure heaven! After the first bowl I said to myself out loud, "Why did I wait so long to get into VaPers?!?". The next day I stopped by the B&M and saw they had LBF in bulk, so I got two ounces to have as a regular smoke and I jarred up the rest of what I got from SPC. Can't wait to see what it's like with six months age on it.
Now I'm loving VaPers and I'm practically foaming at the mouth to try Escudo. I might have to just make a small order and get tin and try it fresh so I don't end up going insane lol.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I like it but don't love it yet. I will let the rest of the tins I have age for a year and re-visit it. London Flake is still my go to VAPER.

friday

Might Stick Around
Aug 23, 2012
When I first tried escudo, I didn't really care for it. So I jarred up the rest and threw the second tin in my cellar. Well, that was 3 years ago! Guess I need to crack that jar soon and give it another shot since its got some age on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.