I Know It's A Pipe Forum, But Are There Any Snussers?

• Thread starter mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast
  • Start date

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I smoke pipes and pipe tobacco is my go to for tobacco enjoyment, but when I can't smoke my pipes (which is not often) I do snus. I have ceased my snuff intake due to sinus issues, but I still like a snus while at work or in other environments that don't allow it (wife's car). Does anyone else enjoy tobacco in other ways like snus? I enjoy Ettan original portions, Tre Ankare, and Islay original portions when I can't smoke my pipes. If not, you really should give it due consideration. Islay original portions are one of the best ways to enjoy tobacco.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I certainly snus. I order under the radar from Sweden. But this post will probably be closed because it’s against the rules to discuss non pipe tobacco. PM me if you want to discuss further.
General Epoc is my favorite.

6FO1TzK.jpg

M

I order under the radar from Sweden.
I order direct from Sweden as well. It's the best way. I'm not sure how under the radar it is? I just have to go to UPS and sign for it.
But this post will probably be closed because it’s against the rules to discuss non pipe tobacco.
This is news to me. Pipestud, who is a site sponsor, sells snuff and he's top notch. I think it's okay to discuss snus or snuff? The moderators want to keep the site 'pipe centric', but I think they allow small discussions about other tobacco intake methods, but I may be wrong? I'll state again for the record that pipes are my go to, but snus and snuff for that matter should be considered within the realm.
Anyway, I have always heard good things about Epok but am yet to try any of their offerings. The original strong eh? I see it's a mint (which normally isn't my thing), but I do like a slim from time to time (while in meetings) and the strength level is labeled as medium/high which I like mid-day. I might need to consider venturing into Epok? Have you ever tried the Blueberry (which I think has been discontinued, probably a moot point)?

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
some of the Scandinavian snus is very strong and addictive, I liked it , but stopped using it

M

Supposedly it will keep for decades.
Drys keep well (Indian whites and toasts), but not all will. Moisture content will change over time and scents will begin to fade after about 6 months.

M

mothernature: Read rule 7. You will note there is no mention of exemption with regard to site sponsors.
7. Discussion of electronic cigarettes, or any other electronic nicotine delivery device is forbidden. Posts regarding marijuana or other drugs are not allowed. These items have NOTHING to do whatsoever with the true pipe smoking experience. If you want to talk about these items, you are in the wrong place. That goes for Hookah too. Hookahs are the wine coolers of the tobacco world, and they also have nothing to do with the true tobacco pipe smoking experience. Again, if you want to discuss them, please find another website to do so.
Nor mention of snus nor snuff. The site sponsor reference was for context. I'm fine if the thread needs to be closed. I'm not looking to break the rules or offend. I only opened a general discussion topic about tobacco.

otto81

Lurker
Aug 13, 2018
Absolutely yes, I snus! It’s been the one thing that has kept me sane in corporate America. I’m a huge fan of Goteburg’s entire line, but I always seem to get drawn back to Generals Mint. For being indoors where smoking is prohibited it’s hard to beat portioned snus, discrete, no spitting and easy to put in.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I can find General snus locally. That's my usual brand since most American snus is way to sweet. I'll buy it in a pinch, I'm not going to lie. I spend most of my time with my kids and I work at a K through 8 school so my smoking time is limited. Pipes or cigars are a special time for me. Snus gets me by when I can't smoke.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Crash. Snus is easy to obtain from Sweden, I've never had any trouble. The problem is expense. The snus itself is not the issue but the outrageous shipping costs are greatly annoying, averaging over thirty bucks per shipment. Worth it to me but it may not be to many. My snus weapon of choice after ten years of experimentation is Thunder Frosted Extra Dry White.
Unkleyoda snus packaging is normally referred to as "cans" not tins. And for anyone who might be wondering the Swedes pronounce it "snoos".
The best way to make sure snus stays fresh is to keep unopened cans in the freezer. It will be good for years that way. I keep open cans in the fridge in a ziplock bag to keep them from absorbing food odors.
And oh yeah, American snus is total garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.