I just saw the ballsiest thing I've ever seen in my life.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I'm watching Human Planet (highly recommended) and its Episode 6: Grasslands - Roots of Power and they open the show in Kenya with a 65 year old who was showing two younger males how to steal meat from lions. You're watching and thinking "ok, they have some crafty plan" but they don't. They find the pride of lions, 15 hungry lions around a fresh kill and then just walk up to them without blinking an eye or saying a word and they scare the lions off, cut off a leg of the wildebeest and then walk off with it. That guy gets my vote for having the biggest stones on the planet. Unfreakin believable.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Haven't seen the show, but it reminds me of another thing the old tribes down there do.

Its called an endurance hunt. You grab a spear and start chasing something. Don't stop until you catch him. Been running for three days now ?? Thats fine.

Eventually the critter your chasing will just give out and lay down, at which point you calmly walk up and stick him with the spear.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Every time I cross the Rockies, I find myself reflecting on the way the Blackfoot would hunt buffalo - basically, driving the herd off of a cliff, using blankets as barriers. I don't know about you, but it would take a whole hell of alot more than 1/4" of tanned hide to convince me to step infront of any charging animal, never mind a herd of 1,000lbs + PO'd buffalo.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Just downloaded the first season, made it to episode three I think it was. The Inuit are hunting whales just off the ice shelf in homeade kayaks and one has a corncob and the other has a briar in his mouth. Really cool series, I'll be watching all week. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.