I Just Graduated Seminary!

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

ssavarimuthu

Jan 14, 2016
Hey everyone! I know that I am fairly new to the forums, but felt that I have become friends with many people on here. Just thought I would put up a post that I just graduated seminary! After 3 years, I now have a Master of Arts in Christian Ministry.
Thought I would also let you know that I celebrated by smoking a bowl of Penzance (thanks to hawky's gift).
Thanks everyone!

elpfeife

Preferred Member
Dec 25, 2013
That's a wonderful accomplishment. I hope you have a great ministry. Now go study your Hebrew and smoke some more Penzance. :puffy:

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
ssav', congratulations. This is an important achievement in your life, and the opportunity to do a lot of good. When I lost my first wife, in the hospital, my minister showed up and suddenly all kinds of paperwork and side issues with the hospital staff disappeared like magic. Boy, was I impressed, as miserable and unglued as I was. My minister couldn't have gotten a better response if she'd flashed a badge. All kind of human situations can be immensely improved with quiet but smart intercession by an insightful clerical person.

ssavarimuthu

Jan 14, 2016
Thanks everyone!
I graduated from Anderson University Theological Seminary. I was originally intending on doing classic youth ministry, but my time as a hospital chaplain made me really enjoy and want to work outside of the church. This fall, I will be going for a second masters (I know it seems like much) for a master of school counseling degree. I still want to work with youth, but be able to come to them while they are at school.
Thanks again for all the love! I appreciate it! I'll continue studying Hebrew and Greek while puffing my pipe! :puffpipe:

robwoodall

Apr 29, 2015
Hey, congratulations!
I have a great deal of respect to anyone who actually studies and learns about their faith. Seminary-trained ministers, priests and rabbis, all.
I live in Alabama, where we do a thing called self-ordination. Many of our self-ordained preachers are really knowledgeable, but many seem never to have read the book that their faith is based on.