PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
I hate to throw out any tobacco but Bjarne Viking Erik the Red is some of the worst stuff I have ever smoked. No taste, caramel like burning smell/taste. Supposed to be artifical cherry tasting, which is bad but i knew it would taste that way, but it doesnt even taste that.......
So i ask, whats on your list of throw it aways/no buys?

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I'm with you. Typically I hate when there is less than a half of a bowl full and can't even attempt to smoke it.. Seems like such a shame and a waste.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Half and Half for my palate had a horrible chemical taste. Ended up airing it out and mixing with other tobaccos definitely on my "do not buy again" list!

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Some have said they like it 8O
The only one I couldn't smoke was Top Black Cherry, and I like Cherry blends.
I know some have told me they love it. For me smells great out of the tin, but no taste. The only cherry I have had luck with is Cult Blood Red Moon.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yea PlumCake is one that sits around and I just don't wanna throw it out. The more age it gets the more like stale cigarette ashes it taste. And to Think they went up on the price on this crap. I've got an unopened tinI need to trade off, need to do so research on this forum to see how I go about it.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I did enjoy a tin of Cult Blood Red Moon, never ordered another. I sound like a broken record but Captain Black Red Sky is one of my favorites, best Cherry blend I've tried. Any Vanilla or Maple blends I've tried never did anything for me either.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
For every blend that makes you gag, there's someone out there that can't get enough of it!

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I gave away Crooner (C&D blend infused with the herb deer tongue) five minutes into my first bowl of it. Had the most peculiar and unpleasant burn quality. Never again.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No buy: Anything that you might find in the casual store. (drug, liquor, sundry places that sell small quantities of tobacco in pouches)- except in an emergency! And then I wouldn't know what to get. Probably Carter Hall.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
If anyone would like to not throw those away you can send them to me! :D Need to expand my palate from OTC blends and the couple 1 oz samples that the amazingly generous people here have offered me. Stonehaven is great, and I know that thanks to sablebrush!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
For every blend that makes you gag, there's someone out there that can't get enough of it! :!:
Can you imagine how boring life would be with just one of everything. On top of that we would not have the opportunity to bitch about all the tobacco we cannot stand. 8)

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
My curiosity leaves me stranded with a blend I don´t like every now and then. Usually I put the in the cellar to give them away, use them for my own blends or simple forget about them. Most of them are either aros or strong blends that have way too much nicotene for me. Some are just yuck! 8O :lol:

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Don't get me started on Captain Black and its slow chemical poisoning. It's the only blend that I've ever thrown out -- albiet -- it was technically my wife who tossed it in the bin, in order to spare my life.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
@jeffery haha Captain black and borkum riff is all I have! I was wondering when someone would say one of those! But due to the extreme kindness of the OP I will be trying some "real" tobacco soon!

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
ErikSmokes, to each their own! That pictacular blend just happens to disagree with me... a lot.
Let's see if we can't get you on the right path, sir; PM sent.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
I'm still trying to figure out what to do with one pound of H&H Obsidian.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Hakchuma,

Split it into 4 ozs sample bags and post for tobacco you like or would led like to try, there is a sale/swap forum here, cheers.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.