I Gotta Stop This

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

captainsousie

Preferred Member
Aug 1, 2012
I had a bit of money saved up for this summer and I decided to spend it on pipes. I went to eBay and since I only had a few pipes I decided to get a few estate pipe lots to flesh out my collection. Well, 33 pipes later I think I may have overdone it a bit. Now about 5-6 of them are unusable and a couple are beyond my ability to save at this time but that still leaves me with a lot to clean and restore. I have almost finished ten of them and I've gone through so much salt, everclear and pipe cleaners it's crazy. There is still a huge job in front of me and it might take me a few months to get through it all. I really think it's worth.
In short, PAD can be a terrible thing.

Sou

kabong30

Jun 2, 2012
And just think, the people at the store probably figure you for a salty food addicted alcoholic! Let me know if you have any Pete's you can't bear to restore.

captainsousie

Preferred Member
Aug 1, 2012
I don't have any Petes...yet. This one is one of the hardest repairs. The stem is very loose and I hope it's fixable as I believe it's amber. It is the coolest looking pipe I own.

captainsousie

Preferred Member
Aug 1, 2012
For the beeswax, would you apply a thick layer to the screw until it fit well? Or is there a better way?
Thanks for the help. I really wanna smoke it.

captainsousie

Preferred Member
Aug 1, 2012
At my current rate, it will take me at least 3 months to exhaust my supply of tobacco. The rate will go down in a week so luckily I should be able to stave off TAD...for a little while.

ejames

Preferred Member
Oct 6, 2009
If the stem for meer screws in you might try some teflon plumber tape on the threads. You might also consider sending that one out to a pro for repair.

assaad

Apr 4, 2011
If it is an amber stem I would wait until I could afford to send it out to be replaced with acrylic.

spartan

Preferred Member
Aug 14, 2011
The pipe reminds me less of a horn and more of an eel.
Still sexy though.