PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottorank56

Lurker
Oct 4, 2015
I gave almost my whole collection to my pseudo son in law and had hopes he would take up pipemaking, but it did not turn him around the least. He still does drugs/alcohol and does not even empty his pipes nor clean them. I feel I squandered my beloved briars on an incorrigble junkie/alcoholic.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
That is a heavy first post, man. Welcome to the forums and sorry about your son in law's negligence and apparent self destructiveness.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
October 4th, 2015... pipesmagazine officially becomes a grocery store checkout-line tabloid. :lol:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Welcome to the forum.
If you want to change someone's behavior, it will take a lot of time, understanding and love. Giving them another vice is no replacement for direct involvement. Best wishes to both of you.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
Welcome to the forum. I must say I agree with what some have said. I'd look to get them back and enjoy them yourself. Of course I'd clean 'em up and use a lot of alcohol... rubbing alcohol that is.
More importantly is your daughter. Is this a relationship she needs to be in/out?

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It's either a tragic story of epic proportions....or a post by a warty, humpback creature often found lurking under bridges....

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
latest

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Interesting first post..what would give you any indication that giving him your pipes would take him from a substance abuse addiction and make him want to start carving pipes? It doesn't make any sense to me...here "drug addict" here are some pipes...oh thank you..now I'm going to start making pipes....nope I don't buy it...

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Not to be a dick, but technically you would have to convince him to give them back to you. You said yourself you gave them to him. They are his. That sucks but I have to agree with others why would you give him something worth value if you know he has a problem? Last, my prayers for you and your family. Having a family member with an addiction like that sucks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe family counseling could help, or a minister or priest to get help started, and/or rehabilitation for this son-in-law. Pipesmagazine Forum can't help you with this. We can all stand around and shake our heads, but so what? Nonetheless, welcome to Forums. If you'd like to chat about pipes, tobaccos, and related subjects, we're here.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I'm not sure I understand the logic of giving a substance abuser another habit. It doesn't seem like a well thought out strategy. Sorry about your pipes but I really must question the reasoning behind your actions. Sounds more like you're hoping for a miracle. But MSO is right, this isn't the place to find help. You need to be talking to professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.