PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I couldn't take it. I have been eyeing this beauty for weeks, with its luxuriously tall chamber, and that half price sale tag has been nagging at my soul, screaming "buy one before it is too late!" I finally broke just now. Now, for the real question, how to tell the misses..
pm-phlvn-503-s_view2.png

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Great looking pipe! I've got a Stanwell blast that looks just like it, and I love it! Makes me want to just bend the flake in half and stuff down the chimney.
P.S.- Know how you feel about the wife too. Every time I buy her something, she wants to know what I just bought myself... :roll:

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
Is that the Hilson Vintage line? I picked up the Hilson Vintage bulldog, I absolutely love it!

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
This PAD thing is a serious affliction... every time I pick up the iPad, now, my bride says, "What are you doing? You're not buying another pipe are you?"
Unfortunately, I've resorted to reminding her that I don't get my hair done every few weeks at $100 per, plus manicures and pedicures, etc. Sometimes ya just gotta remind everyone of the score. LOL ;-)

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Love my Hilson's.
Just think of it like this. You're going to have that pipe for what maybe 50 years? Divide the price you paid by those 50 years. That's less then $2 a year for a ton of enjoyment! If that doesn't work then break it down by day.
That's .006 cents a day!

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Apatim, you are treading on seriously dangerous ground with you line of argument. You wife is likely to say "but I do all that [beautification] for you!" Unless she is intoxicated with your pipe smoke or smoking and can say "but I smoke the pipe for you!", you are fighting a loosing battle...

BTW - that pipe is really quite elegant!

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Bruno's, that is exactly what she said. Fortunately she doesn't have any problem with my new hobby. She likes the aroma and often asks to taste whatever I'm smoking. I'm a very lucky man to have an awesome bride!

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks guys. My wife now knows, and it was no big deal, considering I promised not buy any tobacco this check. I still have a few flakes of ODF left, I'm planning on saving some to break this one in.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
You are in good company
1st step toward salvaging your miserable life......LOL
We admitted we were powerless over PAD—that our lives had become unmanageable.

Dec 24, 2012
Nice HILSON. I have looked at a few Al Pascia and, like this one, they all seem to have stunning grain. I love the shape.

Jan 8, 2013
Rx2man- wait, you mean the new pipe wont fix my life? Dammit, it lied to me. It whispered sweet nothings in my ear about how everything would be ok...
Peck, thanks. I'll post some actual pics when it comes in next week.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
I too would have succombed to that pipes charms. And from all the responses you have a lot of company lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.