jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Just how good a smoke clay pipes are.
Smoking macbarens vanilla creme, out of my 221b baker st clay

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I figured they got kinda hot to the touch.
Understatement....they really do, but they provide one cool smoke, I highly recomend the baker st from
Code:
http://www.pipeshoppe.com/ps_p2003S.php

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Theres an old timey festival by me over the summer. I've seen clay pipes there. I might get one. I'm assuming since the bowl get so hot you hold it by the stem. Is that comfortable?

mushjoon

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2011
For me, I like to think of it as holding a long pencil. It's comfortable indeed, but the bowl gets unbelievably hot. I almost scorched my fingerprint while attempting to hold it by the bowl.
And if you are thinking about buying it online, get it from the site above: www.pipeshoppe.com
The owner has good knowledge about a great customer service.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I'm assuming since the bowl get so hot you hold it by the stem. Is that comfortable?
Bingo. Yeah, I either hold it by the stem with the bowl hovering behind my fingers, but I have quite large hands,either that or with my thumb and two fingers like a pencil with the stem being the point and the little nubbin of the cutty resting on the meat behind my thumb

modernchicago

Might Stick Around
Sep 21, 2011
one of my biggest pipe-buying regrets came when I lost an auction for a solid silver, British military pipe rack which held / came with 12 clay pipes with varying military insignias - all unsmoked. It was on ebay and eventually sold for 200 bucks, but was clearly worth 10 times that much. I imagined how ceremonial it would be for a bachelor party or fishing outing, etc...or just sitting there.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I am so on a budget that i just made my tobacco order and got a pipe from lonestar that i dont think i can get a clay this go around. Damn lonestar you had to put the pipes up lastnight, but i couldnt pass it up. Oh well I guess i will wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.