PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Hi everyone,
So I am back! Very long and boring story lol. Key points, divorce, paralyzed, many hospitals, wheelchair, a year later I have relearned to walk with braces and someday it will be no braces.
I missed my friends here. Through all the BS, my pipes and good tobacco helped me through. Sitting while contentedly puffing got me through a few things. My health is finally to the point that I feel I can participate again. I look forward to reacquainting myself with old friends and meeting the new members! Plus anxious to find out what the new "Magic Blend" is I am so out of date lol!!

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I'm a newer member (9 months). Welcome back...looking forward to your posts. Good luck with your progress...braces, walking etc.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Welcome back Brother. Man, I feel for you. About 6 years ago I broke my back and was paralyzed in one leg. It took me almost a year of rehab to walk again without a cane. And that happened just after my divorce. It was during that time that I started to smoke a pipe. I have many deep memories of those times and the joy I received through pipe smoking and learning about the hobby. So I completely understand your story above.
Plus anxious to find out what the new "Magic Blend" is I am so out of date lol!!

Ooh, that's a fun one. Let's see, have you heard of Penzance? :rofl: Seriously though, check out HH Burley Flake, Peter Heinrech's Curly Block, Dan Tobacco Salty Dogs, Rattray Exotic Orange (a.k.a. Exotic Passion), and C&D Black Frigate. Many great ones out there to explore since your hiatus.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
First thank you all for the welcome!! I see some names I remember! Cajun you still smoking huge pipes? That Savory pipe I bought because of a story you told is a daily smoker!! You were right about Savory's!
Second, Dunhill and McClelland no longer being made sounds bad. I know the pipe tobacco market has some fluctuation, but that is two large name producers taking a dive. Has another company stepped in to produce the blends or, shudder, are they lost to us?

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome back. I just moved in to the neighborhood back in July, so we've never crossed paths. Wish you the best on your recovery.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Welcome home! I'm new since your departure also but I know your reputation. FWIW, there are some new varieties of 3 Nuns that are worth your time if you like the curly stuff, although they're somewhat different from the old blend.
Bill

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Welcome back, Ford! Boy, Woods isn't shittin' when he says you got more stories than we do! Sounds like a lot of water went under the bridge in a big damned hurry.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Oh my goodness! Welcome back. I am so happy to hear you are mobile again. I have every faith you will be able to park your braces, since you have come so far. It is also great to hear that this thing of ours helped you cope. Yours is an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it. Hope to hear more as you are comfortable sharing.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Glad to see you back, man. Best wishes for continued improvement.

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
Hey Ford - Glad you doing Good. Welcome back and I'm a Newbie - actually a oldie - a Old Newbie...

Status
Not open for further replies.