PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
Went to an Estate Sale this morning. I didn't get this group of pipes for a song but got them for WELL less than what they are worth. 3 W.O. Larsen pipes and the other two are Savanelli Autograph 4s. The big moment for me was the lighters. Two are Dunhill. The gold one and the Old Boy. 10 bucks each! Awesome morning!
64d3eMj.jpg

WvcotEz.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
You had me at W.O. Larsen! Are they graded? Select, Super, Straight Grain; it would be on the top near the shank/stem join.
:)

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
All are marked W.O. Larsen Handmade in Denmark. One smooth has "Diehl Munchen" on it, the other smooth has a F. No other markings on the blast.
Not sure what all that means but they are all nice pipes for sure.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love that two-tone Dublin. Really nice acquisitions. Are these for smoking or for re-sale? They could be keepers. Very nice.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Just saw the F grade is marked Straight Grain as well.
Yes. I'm assuming the saddle stemmed pipe. The F represented there was a small flaw in the wood, if you look very closely you will probably find a small fill somewhere. The thing is, without the flaw it would be graded higher, in other words, not immediately a Straight Grain 1, if I'm making sense.
:)

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
Are these for smoking or for re-sale? They could be keepers
As I picked them out, I thought that I would clean them up and flip them. Maybe keep one or two. Now as I continue to look at them I don't know. It may take me awhile to decide.
Yes. I'm assuming the saddle stemmed pipe. The F represented there was a small flaw in the wood, if you look very closely you will probably find a small fill somewhere. The thing is, without the flaw it would be graded higher, in other words, not immediately a Straight Grain 1, if I'm making sense.
Yes the saddle stem is the one. Makes perfect sense. There is a fill on one side that I noticed right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.