PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Before this site I smoke From Morton et all almost exclusively. I stopped to enjoy all of the tobaccos that you all enjoy but decided to go back to my old favorite. Man I love the stuff. What did you smoke before you joined the forum?
frog-morton-001.jpg

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
i just smoked a bowl of on the town about an hour ago. great smoke all the time never lets me down.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
Half & Half still get a pouch every now and then . i have enjoyed the variety much more than being a single blend person but as an all day smoker i do have some favorite blends like epiphany , haddos and river boat gambler

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I had only smoked aromatics until about fifteen years ago a friend gave me a bowl of Frog Morton to try.I'm still in love with Latakia after these many years.The folks who make Frog Morton have a bulk blend 2045 which I think is very similar.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I had only smoked aromatics until about fifteen years ago a friend gave me a bowl of Frog Morton to try.I'm still in love with Latakia after these many years.The folks who make Frog Morton have a bulk blend 2045 which I think is very similar.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Super Value pipe tobacco.
Thankfully, I've learned the error of my ways.

cthulhu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
My favorite pipe has never seen any other tobacco but Frog Morton. One of my favorites!

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I used to smoke a lot of BCA from Walgreens and a blend they used to carry a value blend called Black and Burley. I used to also smoke SWR, which I still keep in my rotation. Then a couple years ago I began to explore English Blends, but not too seriously. After joining the forum I opened my eyes and looked at all that I could be found on line, and that began my spiral descent into full blown TAD. So many blends, so little time and money.
:puffpipe:

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I like Frog Morton a lot. Whether it be the original, or On the Town, or On the Bayou i really appreciate the fullness of this tobacco. Don't care for the Across the Pond version, though.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
Too many to try, not enough time...damn. I'm just gonna have to wait till I need some tobacco before I try this Frog Morton. You all make is sound soooo damn good.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
For those interested in trying all 4 pipesandcigars.com has a fair price on a sampler that includes a tin of each.

http://pipesandcigars.com/frwecosa.html

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
Frog Morton on the Town is my absolute favorite smoke. Truly enjoy the other 3 flavors as well.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Mostly University and Irish flake. I like the Frog Morton tin labels, but as they contain latakia I stay away from them.

briarbrother

Lurker
Dec 13, 2011
I am very fond of the Frog Morton blends..one question though..in which order should i smoke the frog morton blends (bayou in the morning, across the pond,on the town and frog morton original at night?? I am trying to set up a daily schedule from mildest (morning) to afternoon and nighttime smoking sessions. In what order (daily rotations) does everyone smoke their favorite blends?

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I have a sweet tooth, so I would say FMOTT in the morning, then On the Town, Bayou and then FM original at night. I am not sure it is mild to strong, but it seems like a good rotation to me.

briarbrother

Lurker
Dec 13, 2011
Which G.L. Pease blends are similar to the frog morton blends?? I am a new pipe smoker and mostly smoke aromatics and the frog morton line (especially the original and on the town). I would like to take a big leap and order some g.l. pease blends to transition me on the road to english blends. According to what i read, the frog morton line is not an english blend but a "mild english crossover"?? I'm a little scared ordering blends I dont know much about or how they are going to taste and smell ( i smoke around alot of non-smokers)?? If anyone has any comparisons to the frog morton line, insight, or suggestions...they are greatly appreciated?? This is what I was considering ordering (waiting on insight before i place order):
Barbary Coast 2 oz

Blackpoint 2 oz

Charing Cross 2oz

Maltese Falcon 2oz

Odyssey 2oz

Picadilly 2oz

Samarra 2oz

Union Square 2oz

Westminster 8 oz

frog morton 100g

frog morton on the town 100g

cao tin blue note (dan tobacco?)