PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
Made a joke the other day with a buddy when cracking open a new tin of Nutty Cut. He was surprised I was smoking an aromatic and I replied, I don't always smoke aromatics, but when I do, I prefer Peyersons Nutty Cut.
Made me wonder if anyone here that is Non-Aro preferred has a go to aromatic like my preferred Nutty Cut.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have a mix that I am required to smoke at family functions as everyone loves the smell. It's 1Q mixed with PS D-40 vanilla that I call "fat bastard".

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I don't always smoke aromatics, but when I do, I prefer the one that tastes like a playful pillow fight in my mouth.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Just can't do it. Tried Peterson Founders Choice to appease - tried it twice and tossed the bowl twice. Tried some CAO - uugh. Now when I worry about others I go to Sillem's Commodore Flake. People seem to like the scent and I can actually enjoy it. If they complain I switch to something like Barling Tradition 1812 to teach them a lesson.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
There seems to be some debate as to whether Peterson's Irish Oak is an aro or not, but if it is, it's my favorite aro. I know Borkum Riff Bourbon Flamethrower is an aro, and I buy an occasional pouch of that stuff. Smoked carefully in a cob, it scratches a certain weird itch I get from time to time.

Sep 18, 2015
Russ O's Old Glory is one I keep on hand. Burly, Cavendish and Virginia

It reminds me of grandma's apricot fried pies, and burns extremely well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Though aromatics may be a guilty pleasure to Forums members who enjoy the sophistication of non-aromatics of many kinds, remember according to one of our professional blender members, Russ O., well over ninety percent of pipe tobacco sales are aromatics. Aro's keep the market alive. That's why there are so many of them at retailers. So all due respect. Edward G. Robinson, Iwan Ries Blue Three Star and others hold some charm for me. I do find many aros a little bite-prone, more than full-strength non-aros.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I enjoy several aromatics albeit, few and far between.
Sillem's Black

Dan Tobacco Blue Note

Dan Tobacco Black Velvet

Cult Blood Red Moon

GH&Co. Coconut, Rum, Maple Twist.

Reiner - Professional Mixture

Carter Hall/Prince Albert.
I like em all, man. Every genre has it's essentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.