PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryhardkore

Lurker
Apr 6, 2019
Hi guys, pretty new here. Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong area, but it seemed the most appropriate place.
I have sent a few private messages, but can't view the reply messages I receive. When I log in and go to "my account"->"messages",it takes me to http://pipesmagazine.com/members/koryhardkore/messages, where I get a big white screen that says "you have no messages". I can look at all the boxes (sent, received...) and they all have nothing. However, after I send a private message, I am directed to a different "private message" screen (http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/pm.php) where I can view my sent messages, and private messages. I can't find a way to navigate to this screen, and cannot access this screen without first having messaged someone!
Is it possible that I'm not allowed to message because my account is newer?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Kory

koryhardkore

Lurker
Apr 6, 2019
jpmcwjr

I was responding to a PM I received from a member. I didn't realize new members weren't allowed to speak, so I'll just sit quietly in the corner for a couple of years :) . In all seriousness, is there a minium post count or certain number of months as a member that I need to obtain before I can use the message system?
Thanks

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
kory, just go to the forum page and scroll to the right. Should be a spot that says messages. I'll pm you and see if it shows up...and Welcome to the zoo Brother...

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
so I'll just sit quietly in the corner for a couple of years :)
Bonus points to you for good attitude! Nice to see someone who doesn't get quickly offended.
You guys, I think it's time to initiate the new Pledge. You know, teach him the secret handshake, all that sort of stuff :nana:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
If we told you where the messages were, they'd no longer be private, now, would they? :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

koryhardkore

Lurker
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks guys. You all seem like my type of folks, and I'm happy to be here!
BTW, good tip weez! :worship: If I click on "private messages" on the right side of the page, it takes me to the working message page (even though it says "0"). :roll:
Hope you all have a great weekend!

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Oh hey koryhardkore, know why you may be confused.
There are two messaging systems here.
The messages in your profile page are for the magazine site. The messages you are looking for (the forums) are accessible at
Code:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/pm.php
. The link is on the right hand side of the main forums page.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
You do have to be logged in here to see the PM. Then when you click on the PM notice in your mail, a second page opens with your message which you can then answer. At least those are the hoops I have to go through with 10.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
koryhardkore, I am glad that your problem is solved. I guess r managed to explain it and now you can access your PMs. We don't have any rules limiting the PM usage of a new member.
tufftony, you may find an answer here.
Closing down this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.