PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Today The Sea Wolf Pipers got together, and as I was walking in on the table lay this Murray's tin of 965, which its owner was king enough to share. I am beginning to understand the forum veterans that are be-mourning the Murray's era, and why the didn't seem that upset about the recent Dunhill demise. This blend is totally something else from what I knew 965 to be, there is hardly any term of comparison. Much smoother, great taste, a very good match. I simply cannot make an objective comparison as I am out of the K&K version, but this Murray's version is absolutely genius. 2851

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Yeah, it was genius. At least to my palate.

I have precious little left of the Murray’s 965. Special occasions only, so to speak. That said, I still appreciate some of the newer renditions. Aperitif being one of them.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
I have to agree, that is a very good looking Peterson. Was that an estate find?

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
That’s a beautiful Peterson! What shape number is that?

It's actually a 69 shape. I bought it estate, un smoked. The guy that sold it to me claimed it was from the 1970s. It's a P lip system, and it has quite an unusual stinger in it. The stinger does the job in as far as cooling the smoke, but makes quite a bit of condensation. If the tobacco is really moist it starts gurgling half way through the bowl, but due to the interesting stinger system (it's pointy on one end and it has two parts that spread and keep it in place in the stem) the water easily drains if you place the button with the stem vertically on a paper towel or napkin.

Reactions: rogers
Status
Not open for further replies.