PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
One of my resolutions for this year is to try more aromatics. After getting a number of suggestions from aro fans here, I stocked up on six or so blends.
To be honest, most of the recommended blends so far have just been "okay." They're generically "aromatic" and pleasant, but offer virtually no flavor and nothing distinctive. They've simply underscored why I so rarely smoke aromatics.
Then I opened McClelland's Erik Nording's Hunters Blend: Labrador. The tin claims hazelnut and caramel. And the minute you pop the tin, you realize that they aren't lying. This stuff smells fantastic. But it gets better. Because that flavor not only translates to the smoke, it translates to the smoker, filling the mouth with hazelnut and caramel and a moderate amount of sweetness.
To be fair, there is a slight chemical-like tang to some of the puffs if you push this one. And you will want to push this one, because it's so remarkably flavorful. But if you can manage to smoke slowly, the "chemical" quality disappears and you're left with an utterly enjoyable smoke. Assuming you enjoy hazelnut and caramel.
Bob

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Bob, I agree! I am not much of an aro guy but I do get a hankering often enough. This is a goto for me. Scrumptious!!!

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
For some reason, I can't stand hazelnuts/hazelnut flavored stuff. However, I have wanted to try some of the other blends in the Hunter series. Just wish they had a "Brittany" blend in honor of my dog "Whiskey".

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm a big fan of this one as well. It's one of only a small handful of aromatics that I have found to be very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.