PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Continuing my pipe journey along the path of what many call "low end", I've recently put this good ol' Willard pipe into my rotation after doing a bit of refurbishing. For under ten bucks off of eBay this pipe delivers in every important category. It's light, balanced and comfortable to clench so it can be smoked while doing just about anything around the house or driving about on errands. I just put another bowl of Molto Dolce through it and it was sweet! From what I can deduce from a little research this pipe was made sometime in the 1970's.
IMG_20140306_041520_914_zps3c547963.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have a Willard as well, a pipe that my father bought in the early sixties. Same carved design, but its a small billiard.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I got a Willard Ajusamatic as part of a group I bought on the GoodWill site. Surprisingly good smoker for SG 1792. It's a small bowl but handles that blend well and smokes cool. Enjoy yours.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Joining in on your "low end" celebration Tuold...My Weber Scoop I restored (ignore the stain on my hands).
Edit: It smokes great BTW, especially English blends.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Just goes to show that even if the pipe is 'low end', doesn't mean that it won't smoke well.
Enjoy your pipes, guys.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
+1 Allan-- If it's drilled right and properly constructed, no reason why it shouldn't give a good smoke. I think there is enough variance in machine-made pipes that a great pipe occasionally slips thru the system! :P

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love my Kaywoodie author from one of our sponsors, metal stinger stem mount, akimbo bit and all.

Love those grooves in the bowl, so 1950s.

Status
Not open for further replies.