PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Merton

Having heard and read so much about HU blends, I included a tin of this in a recent European order. I love trying new blends. While my experience has yielded far more misses than hits, this tobacco is a real hit. A home run. A grand slam. This is an aromatic but not a sticky, goopy one. The immediate tin note upon opening is tobacco, liquor and orange/tangerine. The flavor is orange, tobacco and perhaps some dark chocolate. However, this is not a cloying orange like Rattrays Exotic. Rather, this has a pronounced but still elegant bitter orange/orange peel flavor. There is also some strength in this blend, rather like Dan Tobacco's Milonga and Devil's Holiday, and may not be for everyone in that department.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
I'll be sure to try this out. I'm always looking for a good aro to give me a break from all the heavy stuff, but I can never seem to find one I like

M

Merton

Try Devils Holiday. It is strong and full of berry flavor. It is a love it or hate it blend. I think that it is great. It is the best of both worlds, reasonably strong tobacco and an aromatic with real flavor.

Reactions: Mr.Mike
M

Merton

My experience has been that D.H. is very strong in the flavor department and has more nic hit than other aromatic blends ymmv.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have more aros than I tend to smoke, but that sounds like a good one, an interesting flavor profile. Thanks for the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.