PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Hey all, Yes Im from Houston Texas, No I don't ride horses. Yes, I survived Harvey and yes there was 5 feet of water in my house. That's the past. like my cigar smoking. Perdomo lot 23 gordito and padron 1964's. so nice... Im new to pipe smoking , but have embraced it after stumbling blindly upon nightcap. I just got a shipment today from smokingpipes of 10 different. I love trying new stuff.. Im really intrigued by the black frigate and Black duck, not to mention I cant wait to try the medal of honor and artisans blend... I initially bought a pipe starter kit on amazon, which was about to be trashed until the nightcap came along. from there I bought a savinelli arco, then a mr brog, then another savinelli but bings fav this time.. Im still trying out new blends like I said, but I honestly favor English.. I have a couple tins of burley, a couple of deertongue, and a lot of latakia :)..

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from Austin.
Rumor has it that the deertongue will ghost your pipe for good. Maybe use that old Amazon pipe for the deertongue until you determine if you like it.
jay-roger.jpg

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
That was my plan jaytex!! I stumbled upon "ghosting" when I googled deertongue.. I thought the same thing. ill smoke it in the trash pipe.. LOL Thank you for your help!!! Id be sick if I ghosted my sav with deertongue if I didn't like it!!!
Pylorns hell yes im interested. shoot me the details,
Thanks for being so welcoming to a newbie!

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
LOL pagan.. isn't that as hard to find as Esoterica? same I think? But I have Bengal slices, artisians blend, ten Russians, black duck, black frigate, crooner,pirate kake, seersucker,medal of valor and deacons downfall. right now.. I just tried te medal of valor.. Very nice....

Jan 8, 2013
Welcome fellow Texan, from Fort Worth. I'm definitely seeing a trend in new members from Texas. Gives me more hope I'll actually run into another pipe smoker while out and about.... but then with the size of Texas, it's still likely to be like finding a needle in a haystack.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Welcome from San Antonio. Don’t forget to lay in some good Virginia blends while you’re at it.

Some of them are getting to be “like needles in a haystack”.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
dethmutt, welcome aboard. It sounds like you have a good sampling of blends. I won't repeat my whole mantra of advice to new smokers, but one suggestion would be not to throw anything out because you don't like it now; put it in a jar and try it again in a year. Your tastes will change. And even if you really like something, don't buy a pound of it; again, your tastes will change. Let us know what you think of various blends.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Thanks all for the welcome!.. Im really enjoying the pipe vs cigars.. I guess Im a latakia freak as of now... I did try out the deertongue, and I guess its the cigar smoker in me.. It was great!!!! The blend was C&D Crooner.. but to me it tasted a lot like Perdomo Lot 23, which was my go to before I found this glorious pipe.. I think everything I have beyond the Lane 1q is latakia heavy... I just crave that smokey flavor.. I just purchased a Meerschaum SP* pipe. to join my collection.
mso489, thanks for the advice.. My beer cellar just got new shelves for tobacco tins and jars.

Status
Not open for further replies.