Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Welcome to the wit and wisdom of the forums. The Piedmont is a classic tobacconist - are the dogs still there? Should you ever travel to Mill Valley in Marin, please look up the golden Gate Pipe Club that meets at Telford's Pipe shop.

My partner works in Marin and we ride bikes there often! She works for the National Parks so she spends her days in the Headlands and such--what a drag, right? ;) We often start our rides in Mill Valley by enjoying the lovely climb up Mt Tam via Old Railroad Grade ?

Last I was in the Piedmont Tobacconist yes, the dogs were still there. That was a couple of years ago however.

Reactions: danimalia

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I was working as a runner for a diamond/jewelry store at 1 South Wabash. It was quite a job for a 20 year old young man, walking around the Loop with upto $25,000 worth of diamonds/jewelry on me at any given time. I usually didn't have to go far, and got to see the vaults and back rooms of many different jewelers and casting shops.

Welcome from SoCal.

Did that for years, all kinds of stones and fine jewelry hidden on my person. Nobody would suspect some dumb "college kid" would be carrying 3 to 4 times the average yearly income.
The Piedmont is a sleepy little store, but it has some history attached to it as its owner, Steve Richman, created the Esoterica line of tobaccos, using Germain's catalog recipes.

It's been a while since I had some of Zachary's pizza, one of the best pizza joints in East Bay.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Welcome from SoCal.

Did that for years, all kinds of stones and fine jewelry hidden on my person. Nobody would suspect some dumb "college kid" would be carrying 3 to 4 times the average yearly income.
The Piedmont is a sleepy little store, but it has some history attached to it as its owner, Steve Richman, created the Esoterica line of tobaccos, using Germain's catalog recipes.

It's been a while since I had some of Zachary's pizza, one of the best pizza joints in East Bay.

Haha yep, I was definitely that dumb college kid enjoying the hustle and bustle of Chicago's Loop with some very valuable secrets tucked in my jacket. And speaking of pizza, California has nothing on Chicago in that arena. I haven't found anything that even comes close out here.

I had no idea about Piedmont being owned by the creator of Esoterica blends. That's wild!

Reactions: danimalia

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
And speaking of pizza, California has nothing on Chicago in that arena
There are a number of transplanted Chicagoans making pizza here who would take great umbrage over that sentiment. I think you would be surprised at how much great pizza there is to be enjoyed here, and the sheer variety of styles.

But honestly, I'm no longer that much of a fan of Chicago style, which is loosely based on the pizza produced in Naples. Too much bread. I prefer mine a bit more classically proportioned with good body and chew on the crust. Let the pizza wars begin!

Chicago gets points for their hotdogs.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from SoCal.

Ha. I don't even like thick-crust pizza but Zachary's is an exception. Great stuff.

Reactions: Johnny_Pipecleaner

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Petite 105. Should be good for flakes.

Oh yeah? Good to know.

I do have a tin of Reiner LGF/Blend71, but other than that I don't really have any true flakes. Mostly ribbon (Presbyterian, EMP, Standard Mixture), but also some Plum Pudding, Plum Pudding SR, Quiet Nights, Maltese Falcon.

In any case, that pipe just arrived last night. It's an estate pipe, but very clean. I enjoyed some EMP on the way into work this morning and the pipe performed fabulously! I'm already quite fond of it. Really happy with the purchase (and the price)

Status
Not open for further replies.