How to Access to Posts I Commented Before?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamxiaoyuan

Might Stick Around
Sep 12, 2014
China
Anyone has a clue?

Other than get the notification through email subscription and search the post in the sea of all posts.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Dryseason91, has it right. That's the best way to see recent posts. If you're a prolific poster, it's possible that posts within the last week could disappear. Just a byproduct of the forum software.
-Jason

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I have been trying to figure out an easy way to do this forever. I go to the bottom of the page and click on my username under members online. Always takes me a while to remember that. I love this forum but it is the most tedious to navigate of any forum I frequent.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
I left for a while and came back... the content and knowledge is great... the people are great, experience is unparalleled. but the hoops you have to jump throuh to post a pic and then half the time one browser won't be able to see the pic so I have to change ot a different browser to see someones pic. That is the biggest frustration for me... the Pic sharing... how can facebook and instagram make it sooooo easy, but we are stuck in the 90's... software wise.

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
Yeah... apologies for the aside, but I also posted a thread with pics recently and was wondering about that. Am I right that this forum software doesn't have any native image uploading/gallery capability? I have a web server, so I just uploaded to that and linked it. That's pretty typical in my experience, but I was wondering if I was missing something.
The only forum I visit that has truly excellent image uploading integration is modelshipworld.com, which handles a ton of threads with extensive pics. You can upload pics directly through the post editor and insert them into the appropriate spot in your posts with a button click. The forum software handles all of the hosting and linking automatically. Very slick.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
been thinking about this more. The picture thing bothers me, but again other social media platforms, (And this IS A SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM), when you reference another user, they are notified. We mention and give credit to so often to our other fellow pipers here, whouldn't it be nice to know when someone mentions you in a post instead of having to go back and check all the threads that you have commented on. Maybe a MOD could tell me if that is unreasonable to request such a funtion.

Jun 27, 2016
metarzan
I have been trying to figure out an easy way to do this forever. I go to the bottom of the page and click on my username under members online. Always takes me a while to remember that. I love this forum but it is the most tedious to navigate of any forum I frequent.
Bump this to the top. I had been doing some round-about method of trying to find any thread that I had posted in, just to get to my clickable screen-name. Then I realized that I could do it a little more quickly through opening an old PM, but metarzans solution is pure genius!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I love this forum but it is the most tedious to navigate of any forum I frequent.
And here I find the pipesmagazine forum the most user friendly of all the pipe smokers forums. In fact that is the main reason I spend more time here reading and posting than all other sites combined.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
One could also create a shortcut/favourite to your profile page for direct access to your post at anytime. If the solution of clicking on your name at the bottom of the page is annoying for some.

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
How to know if comments to your comments. This seems a little tricky form.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Click on you name in a thread. On the screen it takes you to, you can see threads you have started, and threads you have participated in, and when the last post was made in each.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Well, kind of...
I see recent replies and 'topics started'. Neither show all, only a 'recent' list.
Is there a way for me to see all of someone's posts? The search engine doesn't work well and I tried to find something of fishnbanjo's and it only goes back a short time.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Not much use.
The member list also allows selecting a beginning letter of usernames. But the display for F for example shows j and q and all the other letters.
Odd...

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
The search engine doesn't work well and I tried to find something of fishnbanjo's and it only goes back a short time.
Try using this one:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/forum-search-improved
The member list also allows selecting a beginning letter of usernames. But the display for F for example shows j and q and all the other letters.
Odd...
I think those letters show not the initials of the usernames but the real names.

Status
Not open for further replies.