How Shallow is too Shallow? (Chamber Depth)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This one?

Dunno why the site showed the smooth one, but next time in, this came up:

Nice!

Black-Prince.png

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I know you're joking about the big lighter, but even a paper match's flame - the super heated air past the tip- is plenty hot to reach the tobacco in all but the very deepest stacks.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hah! I remain a bit skeptical on a heated element lighter for any pipe. But would love to see illustrated results!
You can barely light a cigarette with those things. The plasma arcs have to make contact with the desired surface to burn and very little heat can be felt just millimeters away from the arcs.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
As promised, I have returned with a photo of today's delivery. As mentioned, Scott made this pipe for me because I'm a picky pain-in-the-arse and just had to have a bit of smooth brown on the shank.

The pipe is great! Just what I was looking for. A handsome, yet no-nonsense Prince shaped burner that I don't have to worry about babying. It's a sitter, and the bowl size/shape looks just right for the shorter smoke time and English blends I find myself smoking most often these days.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Hi all, just wanted to report back. I'm still enjoying this mini apple prince whatever haha.

In fact, I just received a 2nd pipe from Scott since he's got his stuff on sale right now. This time I got a black sandblasted Dublin, and I like it even more! Only $37.99 too! I have no affiliation with Scott or his business, but I thought y'all would like to know about the sale and the quality of his work.

Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.