Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
42 come next month. Life's too long.
BTW, for those wondering if they're too old to pick up pipe smoking, I read yesterday that "etween 16 and 96 years of age the epithelial layer of cells on the surface of the tongue undergoes a 30% reduction in thickness, whilst the basal cell layer remains the same. This is interesting as it coincides with the progressive reduction in tongue coating associated with old age"**. No wonder I have tongue bite every time—I just started smoking a pipe ~4 months ago.
On the other hand, continuous pipe smoking might force the body to keep the coating thick, kinda like those who never stop drinking milk don't develop lactose intolerance. Who knows? Pipe away I say.

**Maciocia, Giovanni. Tongue Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine, Revised Ed. Seattle: Eastland Press, 1987.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
53 yrs old; born in 1965 and smoking a pipe since 1990 when I was 24-25.

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
53 here. Never smoked cigarettes but enjoyed about 3 Cigars a week for 20 years. I switched to as many bowls in a pipe right at 6 years ago. I have no intention of going back.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Yesterday, I was 48. Today I am 49.
Smoked cigs from age 13-46. Vaped from then until June and piping since then.
Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law. -Aleister Crowley
Do what keepeth thou from wilting shall be the loophole of the law. -Reverend J.R. "Bob" Dobbs
jay-roger.jpg

Reactions: UncleRasta

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
As near as I can tell everyone is about 228 billion years old. That assumes a mean age of 30 and a world population of about 7.6 billion.
For purposes of this analysis I'm excluding the dead; narrow-minded I know.

jnielson

Lurker
Oct 2, 2017
50, bought my first pipe about a dozen years ago, smoked a couple times a year on and off, started getting more tobaccos to try, and relaxing with the pipe much more often, this past fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.