PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
I think im 39? Ya... 39. Thats what my wife tells me, so it must be true.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
163. I came out smoking, and a nurse put a pipe in my mouth, so I was actually smoking with my first breaths. . .

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
36 and started on the pipe when I was 30. Had been a cigarette smoker since I was 15. As for being too old to smoke a pipe, well, excuse my being blunt but bollocks ;-) Honestly, I'm not quite sure what you mean by being too old. Normally people seem to ponder being too young to smoke one. Anyway, it's my belief that A little of what you enjoy does more good than bad.

groovediggerdan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2017
Possum Trot, MO
43. Have been on the pipe kick for about six months now and I'm loving it. Cigars for 15 years prior to this (still love 'em), coffin nails 10 years before cigars, don't miss them one bit.
I GOTTA HAVE IT, MAN! I GOTTA HAVE THE STUFF!
(Sorry, got carried away a bit there)
After 20 years of marriage, hearing the Baroness say "You smell" is now considered a term of endearment.
-Dan

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Your only as old at the person you feel, so according to her I am 512 million years old. I still remember my first pipe, it was mastidon bone with a bronze accent and a stem made out of raptor claw. We would trade sabertooth hides with the nieghboring tribe for tobacco. They had some of best Conan's leaf on the Coast. Our favorite was a mix of Atlantian burleys mixed with Conan's leaf aged for four seasons of the three moons in the sky. Then we would cure them in the back cave over smoldering oak and Polisaurs bones. After four seasons of aging we would bring out the now sacred leaf of manness and womenness while the three moons of the goddess hung over head. Then while skyclad we would all light the first flame of piping goodness and sit down on our rocks to contiplate the meaning of life.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, you guys are mostly young sprouts and sports. Compared to me, mostly. Took up pipes in my thirties when my late wife had a multi-pack nail habit, then gave it up when she quit smoking, except for me smoking cigars when I was on business trips. Remarried as a widower and took up the pipe when my wife was in rehab after hip surgery--told her she'd driven me to Cavendish (just because the word sounded funnier in context). My wife gave up camels in her 30's/early 40's, but is supportive of my pipes, buys me beautiful pipes and has an uncanny sense in gifting me with tobacco. My exact age is unknown ... ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.