PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

volyd

Lurker
Nov 22, 2013
1-3 bowls a day, almost exclusively indoors. I could smoke everywhere, but tend to smoke in my "smoking room", or mancave, if you will.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have a 30 min drive to work and home and usually enjoy a bowl each trip, sometimes another at lunch, and if I'm lucky another in the evening if we go out. My truck is my most used smoking space right now.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Not as often as I'd like, but 2-3 bowls a week. That's mainly to keep 2 things in line: 1) keep my tobacco in line to last until next payday as I have not acquired the amount of tobacco to have bowl/day and 2) keep the girlfriend in line with being okay that I smoke. But the collection grows every paycheck and my girlfriend is more okay with it with every smoke. In the near future, I want to bring my pipe with me to work to have a bowl during my breaks or lunch.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I smoke about 3-4 bowls a day. Usually in the living room with a window open (though my wife isn't thrilled and I sometimes relent to her wishes). Other times in the basement and occasionally in the car during my lunch break at work.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
3-4 bowls a week. When i'm in school it's usually in the car ride from work to school. When schools out its on the front porch after work in the evening.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Long, long ago, on a planet far away in Arkansas when I ran a small newspaper, I smoked a pound almost weekly, in addition to cigars when out on assignments. I put in 16-18-hour days regularly and needed my beloved pipes, and as Faulkner said, "a little whiskey."
Today, I'm lucky if I can get in a bowl a day. Some weeks, I go smokeless due to weather. It's not that I don't want to smoke my lovely pipes, but it has to be outside or find a new wife, which I have considered.
I smoke in my car, but again that is problematic: I use Ozium air sanitizer and an open box of Arm & Hammer for the fridge, which I just discovered on this forum. It works, but only barely. My wife has the nose of a great bloodhound.

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
As I also live alone, I can smoke in the house, though this is usually confined to the downstairs and with the kitchen door open, usually in all but the coldest of weathers. Often I simply stand at the back door and puff away, blowing the smoke out if the wind is in the right direction! Occasionally I light up in the upstairs study if I am typing or writing, but the stale smell tends to linger so don't often do it. It is pleasant though, with pipe between teeth as I tap those buttons. On pleasant days, I sit outside at the table and enjoy a good pipe whilst reading or writing. With a cup of tea, there is nothing better!

As to amount, used to be about three bowls a day before retiring two years ago, roughly 25grams a week. These days, about twice that, depending on the busyness of the day. I never smoke with family or friends or when I go out shopping or to part time work, except in the car returning home. I always have an early morning pipe (the best of the day, I think) and then spread the rest fairly evenly throughout the day, finishing with a flake last thing at night. Occasionally, when unable to settle to sleep, I've got up in the small hours and had part of a pipe then, but not often. I so enjoy the whole process of filling lighting, smoking and even cleaning. It has to be an obsession, don't you think?!

G.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I smoke anywhere I want but mostly in my smoking room/library in front of the computer. Any given day it could 1-5 bowls depending on my mood or time constraints and whether the nic hit is too big like this Peterson Irish Flake. The Labs like it as I'm not moving around, the room is warm etc.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Usually 2-3 bowls a day on my front patio. Lately I've been busy and it's been quite chilly out for Vegas, barely reaching 40* for daily highs, so I've been smoking a lot less this last week.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
I smoke when ever or where ever I want. But it is hard to smoke a pipe in public, because lots of people think I am smoking marijauna. Most people here have never seen a person smoking a pipe. I might be the only pipe smoker in the whole country.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I enjoy a pipe or cigar anywhere from once to four times a week. Fortunately I have a heated shop where I can enjoy my pipes and cigars. Weather permitting I like to enjoy a smoke on the front porch or the back patio or down by the local lake and/or the local river. Its very relaxing sitting by the water enjoy a smoke, but being that the current temps are in the mid 20's and low teens that won't be happening anytime soon.

ascarypotato

Lurker
Nov 29, 2013
Typically, during the week, I'll have a small bowl (usually my Falcon) on the drive home from work. If it's not raining, or too windy, I might take the wife for a walk and have another on the way around (where my choice is more free - I stick to Aros in the car, as they don't seem to stick around so much)
Saturdays might be anything. If the weather's horrible, I'm unlikely to have one (I don't like smoking inside without decent ventilation). If it's nice, and I can spend the day outside, I might have four or five.
Sunday morning, assuming it's not raining, I go to the park, and read the paper, with a flask of coffee and my pipe. Just recently, I haven't got far with the paper, for the number of people who seem to feel the need to stop and chat to me, usually about how their father / grandfather used to smoke a pipe (which is quite pleasant). Finish on the way to church, and then another bowl in the afternoon, with more coffee (can you tell I like coffee?) Once I've cooked dinner and fed the family, I'll take the wife for a walk, and have another.
Apparently I'm boringly predictable!!

Aug 14, 2012
This is a picture (censored) of part of the pipesmoking room I am putting together. It is nearing completion. It is a locked room which was converted from the dining room. We have a big kitchen and don't need a DR. The room also has a 50" flatscreen and a big plush leather chair. Sinking into that chair in the PM & lighting a Dunhill with a strong Lat mix is a great joy.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
3-4 bowls per week.

Outside or in my truck during nice weather, in the basement this time of year (-35).

img_7437-480x600.jpg

jennings

Lurker
Oct 31, 2013
I wonder what this same thread would have looked like conducted at 10 year intervals going back 50 or 100 years? We're seeing a lot of garden-pacers, shed-huddlers, patio-stalkers and garage-lurkers. I'm in that group too...can't smoke in the house as it's a rental and the missis doesn't like it. Plus if I could I'd probably relegate it to a cosy dedicated room, but I don't have that choice currently. Maybe years ago when both pipes and tobacco were more en vogue we'd see more loungers in front of fires, dressed in smoking jackets and comfy slippers? All I have is a greehouse heater and a wooden chair where I currently huddle in my garden! The image of Sherlock I ain't! Hahaha!!!
If I have time before work, I'll smoke a little...never a bowl, more like however much I get through in 10 or 15 mins. Let it go out, leave for later. Occasionally have a full bowl in the car on the way to work (I have a long drive, depending on where I'm going). In the evenings I pick up the started pipe again and finish that. Sometimes in one go, often in another two or three little bursts. Some nights I might pull out another pipe, reload and see how far I get again. If I have time.

jeff59

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2011
I enjoy about 5 bowls a week. Sometimes more. I smoke in my workshop. Usually with my dad.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Nothing regular at all. Anywhere from 4x a month to 4x a week, I guess. Location? In the yard (I'm not concerned with cold weather as we have 5 months of it) or if I'm driving any distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.