PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I get in 2 or 3 bowls each day on the porch, even in cold weather. Then there are the occasional bowls in my truck on the way home from work.

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
Where do I smoke? Well, according to the nice lady at the park...in Hell.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I average around a bowl a day, generally outside on the covered deck but winter in Canada isnt conducive to smokung a pipe outdoors. I have a shed in the backyard that I smoked in last winter equipped with a space heater. This year I've renovated my bedroom and I occasionally smoke in there once the kids are in bed. Its just me so I dont have anyone to complain about the odour and I like the smell that lingers.

nscoyote

Might Stick Around
Oct 19, 2013
i smoke where ever i can legally smoke, as often as i feel the urge to. works out to 5-8 bowls a day

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
1-2 bowls in the evening, sitting on a chair just outside the garage, or just inside the open door if it's raining or too breezy. Rarely ever gets below 65 here in the winter so that's not a problem. Wife wouldn't object if I smoked in the house but she and the doggies are nonsmokers and I don't want them inhaling second-hand smoke (or want to inhale it myself for that matter). I could smoke at my office or just outside the door, but I opt not to. Those 1-2 bowls per day are my chosen risk limit. And LOL smoking in the car would be quite a feat for me, it's a stick.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
All day, every day, everywhere I can. I'd smoke in my sleep if I could! I guess maybe between 8-12 bowls a day? I never bother to count. I just enjoy.

wingsfan

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
Lately, at least once a day during the week barely on the weekend because the wife has me doing stuff, during the summer I was on the back deck now I moved upstairs to my 3 season room with a space heater

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
6-10 a week. Usually on the patio in the backyard or in my garage that I turned into a man-cave.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I guess I am the odd person out. I smoke a couple of bowls twice a month at my friend's place because we can smoke indoors.(his wife's grandfather was a long time pipe smoker and our smoking provides some nostalgia for her). My two bowls twice a week on the patio ended this week. Yesterday it was minus 24C (with windchill) where I live so my patio smoking is curtailed for the season. I would go out on warmer days in the winter to the patio but it is usually covered with 3 - 4feet of snow. I found that last winter I attempted on several occasions to smoke outside but I saw it as somewhat counter productive. In the frigid temperatures I was rushing to finish the pipe when everything about a pipe for me is taking time to settle and enjoy those special moments to contemplate life and practice 'ruminato'. When I meet with my friend to smoke I really appreciate it and savor the tobacco.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
I smoke probably once a week at a buddies house, I was smoking everyday on my way to work. But I've gotten lazy and just roll out of bed and go to work. Working nights is a little draining after a while.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
...five to seven bowls per week for me - garage and porch mostly. Sometime I go days or weeks without a pipe, just due to lack of convenience or opportunity. I'm happy this is something I can enjoy when I want, without the burden of addiction. I live among very anti tobacco people mostly, so I admit I avoid smoking at all in the presence of others.

Usually 3-4 times a day, but I've gotten lazy about the morning bowl too. As it gets colder in the mornings, I tend to opt for sleeping an extra 30 minutes as opposed to waking up and smoking a morning bowl with a cup of coffee. On the weekends, it can go either way. I could smoke more or less, depending on what I'm doing. But, in the car, outside for a walk, or inside, my limitations are only self-imposed.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Since my work schedule has me done around noon on Fridays, it has become something of a ritual to either drop by the B&M on Friday afternoon, or to have a bowl or two out on the back patio. I'll often have another bowl at some point during the weekend, either while doing yardwork or while taking a break from other weekend chores, weather permitting.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
I'm lucky to have my own room in the house, so I generally have a bowl or three a few nights a week, and a few on the weekends as well. I used to smoke in the car while commuting from work, but I got tired of cleaning bits of tobacco and ash from the center console.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Just recently began taking over the clubhouse I built for my daughters when they were younger. Now that they are teens, they don't use it, so I have a cozy little 8x8 man-cave in the making.

I smoke about once a day, sometimes twice on weekends.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
brdavidson said:

" I have a shed in the backyard that I smoked

in last winter equipped with a space heater."
Mine is a somewhat fancied up shed inthat it not only has a space heater, it's finished inside and is large enough to contain my desk/workspace as well as a couple of comfy chairs and a TV ... it also houses my cigar humidors and all the pipes/tobaccos I own ...
I generally smoke 3 times, once after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner, but sometimes add a fourth bowl, depending on my moods and the demands of the day ... it's not all pipes, there are some cigars in that mix, probably about 90% pipes, 10% cigars ...

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
My wife (and to be honest, I) don't want full-on smoking in our house. But our kitchen is off to one side of the house, so I stick a fan in the window that's right next to the table and smoke there. The fan pulls the smoke out with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.