PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedreams86

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2016
With the order I placed online last night, I hit exactly 40 tins in my cellar, and about 20 mason jars of tobacco...I started smoking a pipe about a year ago, and finally feel like I've hit a good number of tins/varieties, etc...I will continue to give in to my TAD but probably not at the rate I've been at recently...
Hitting this milestone got me wondering how many tins you all have in your cellars?
Do you tend to understock the cellar, and buy tins just to open & enjoy usually? Or are you cellaring enough tins to survive the various apocalypses?! I'm sure it's been asked before but interested to see how everyone approaches their cellar!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wow, I'm afraid to count at this point. 8O I know by ounces and bulk that I'm over 200 lbs at this point.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
A little bit like asking how much money do you have in the bank! Not enough but I've been putting tobacco away since the early 1990s. Sounds like you are on your way.

Mike S.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Not sure exactly, I lost count after 1000 tins. Probably around 1100 or 1200

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm at the point where I might not live long enough to consume all of it. So, barring a ridiculously good sale on a particular favorite, I won't buy any more.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I'm with Cortez. About two months ago I moved all my satellite cellars into one collective cellar. Unless I smoked 5-8 bowls a day, everyday, I won't be able to consume my cellar before I leave this world. I still buy here and there if the sale is crazy good, and I need more of a current favorite. It'll be a hell of sale when I'm gone, but don't get your hopes up. Lol

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have tobacco stashed all over the place. I'm not sure if that's a "cellar," but there seem to be good amounts of some old favorites. Some of the older Royal Yacht has begun to show plume, and I have a few Englishes hidden in the back of an old cupboard that are probably ultra-tasty about now.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I'm at 30 pounds in my cellar so about 5 years worth of smoking pleasure. It's about 50-50 bulk versus tinned and I'm buying fresh to smoke so the cellar gains some age.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
I am not sure how many tins or jars I have but it is modest compared to many. It is enough for me to smoke for the next 12-15 years. As I don't think I'll be dead then. I'll slowly keep buying but probably not at a rate that is s lot faster then I am smoking.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Well lets see, 1256 total in tins, mason jars and sealed bags for a total of 223 pounds. Ahhhhh, please direct me to another sale.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I think I'm around the 20# mark. Not a life's supply yet, but not bad for under 3 month's work.
Tins (2-8oz) about 60 and a variety of jars.
Now I have slowed down and am trying to zero in on preferences.
jay-roger.jpg

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I have about 60 unopened tins, almost all different blends. That's in addition to a bunch of samples in baggies, and mason jars mostly under 2oz. At 3-4 bowls a week, I'll be sampling new blends for a long time....

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Put that one under the definition of "duality."
It's true... there can never be enough, but that's just because I think all of these blends are just the coolest.
And yet, when you have to move it, any amount seems like too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.