PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
So, today I have been working from home. And I had access to my pipes and tobacco all day long. So I had 3 bowls so far and I guess I might get another one or two before sleep. This is a first for me as I normally smoke once or maybe twice a day. So, I wanted to see how many times you folk normally pick up a pipe per day

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

1-3 on weekdays and 3-6 on weekends. At least this is usually how it goes.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
1-3/day unless I'm in my workshop than I can head towards 6 no problem. But 1-3 is typical.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
That's what happens when you stay at home. If I did not have to go to work, I'd probably go up to7-8 per day.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I would probably chain-smoke them all, all the time if my mouth etc tissues would stand it. A couple-hour smoke every other day turns out to be optimal. If I smoke every day, my body becomes annoyed with me and I don't enjoy it as much as with a little break to every other day. With all the truly great tobaccos out there and all the fine pipes, I wish I was less of a wuss but it all just is as it is. So I alternate the frustration by collecting pictures of magnificent pipes here and on several other sites, participating in this forum, and constantly creating and revising TAD and PAD lists! The fun is endless! I only wish my budget was as well! What is irksome to me is that I am, as several of our brethren are above, retired now... and actually have the time... I am terribly annoyed my body doesnt cooperate with these endeavors. Dmn thing! But at least I'm still upright!!

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
Usually 1 bowl every other day; however, when the wife's out of town I increase the frequency to 1 bowl a day.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
1 every day unless busy, ill, etc. When camping it can be 4-5 in a day so I plan on that being my retirement number. Cellar is stocked accordingly.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I really don't keep track, but I'd guess somewhere around 10 to 12 a day. Some days I just don't feel like a pipe so I'll smoke cigars, especially during the warmer months because the wife complains if I smoke cigars in the house.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Being retired I can enjoy a pipe whenever I wish...which is pretty much all the time...so 8-10 pipes a day.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
All those replies are great.. and apparently the consensus is if you stay home, there is a big danger in consuming A LOT of tobacco and using a lot of pipes :) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.