How many of your pipes are you excited to use regularly?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Most all of us have many pipes. Some we love more than others. Some we bought are great and others are just okay smokers for us. I have 26 pipes, but only 9 of them am I truly excited to use every time. They are great smokers, feel good in my hand, and generally look good. If those 9 were in a cabinet alone, and I asked anyone to get me one, I would be happy with which ever one they brought. I cant say that is always true of the other 17.
So, my questions are:

How many pipes do you have?

And, how many of those are you truly excited to use every time?

You can use actual numbers or percentages.

There will be deeper questions to follow up on this idea! :puffpipe:

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
I currently have 22, and one on the way. I smoke @6-8 bowls a day, and my 1970's Stanwell freehand(my evening pipe) is my absolute favorite...... so far. ;)

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
28 pipes and 14 used regularly. Two of them are Vikings and 8 bowls for those. I use two pipes a day and then cobs or the Vikings whenever I feel like it and to let the briars dry between bowl. Wait, I should have counted my cobs so that makes 38 pipes. I smoke all of them in a month or so and my main 14 get smoked several times a day but only one day a week.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I have a little over 80 pipes and I get genuinely excited by most of the N. Americans, about half of the English, some of the Italians, and a few of the Irish.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I have 13 pipes. 6 of them I love unconditionally the other 7 to varying degrees.

edit: Oops I got a cob I forgot about but I have not smoked it yet.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I have about 30 pipes and each gets rotated but my go to pipe is my unmarked meer bulldog I got from Dimm. It didn't color for him but its coloring nice for me. Don't ask for a pic I haven't figured out how to upload from my cell.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I haven't counted in a while but suffice it to say that I have more than 60 pipes. There are about a dozen that I tend to smoke far more than the others although I do smoke them all at one time or another. The only pipe I have ever bought that I truly didn't like to smoke was a Brylon piece of crap that I tossed out the window at 70mph.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
If they aren't great smokers (and weren't a gift or something) I don't keep them. I don't care how pretty they are, I just don't get to smoke often enough (I average maybe a bowl a day) to tolerate a dog in the bunch. I've sold off everything from Dunhills to Copenhagen Larsen's because of this. Nothing is sacred if it doesn't smoke well.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I have about 10 pipes. I smoke most of them, but I smoke the Meer and my Peterson 303 the most. Second in line would be my cobs and my Kaywoodie 2-panel Apple shape.

koalamonster

Lurker
Feb 19, 2012
My small collection has 7 pipes. I get excited over them all the time. Sometimes, for example, I a smoking one and I look at the rest and can't wait to pick up another. My favorite pipe would be a Nording freehand.

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
My modest collection is made up up of only five pipes. I get excited to smoke all of them.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
67 pipes left in my stable. I never get truly excited about anything, but there are 5 or 6 that keep finding their way back into rotation more than the others. 7 are free hands, and they rarely get used but I enjoy looking at them. My most frequently used pipes are Edwards; I have a dozen and one is always in the daily lineup. My Uncle Arthur Cutty is the one I guess I get most excited about using, since it is the only pipe I have ever had made at my request. But then there is that old corncob, it gets used every day.....

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
How many pipes do you have?

I have nine briars (2 for burleys, 2 for aromatics, 2 for Virginias, 2 for Latakias, and one all-purpose),

one cob (not counting a few I keep for giving away) and

one clay.

And, how many of those are you truly excited to use every time?

Every one of them. If not, I would lose it in a hurry. Space is more important than an unused pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.