PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesofsteele

Lurker
Apr 12, 2016
Western Washington
Schedule is tough, try to get one in each day but I usually get an average of 1-2 every 2 days. Doesn't help that my wife is pregnant and I try not to smoke in the same room! (Small house) puffy

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Hard to define for me. I honestly do not keep track. Time wise I would guess about two hours a day, with combo of pipes and 1/2 a cigar a day.

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
1-3 on work days. Usually one smaller bowl before dinner and 1 or 2 bowls after dinner late in the evening. On my day off it is usually 3 or 4 depending on how much leisure time I have.

Irish Flake, Haunted Bookshop, or G&H ropes with a few cups of strong coffee is ritual to start my day off since it is the only time I can smoke a morning pipe, they are usually the most enjoyable smokes.

Reactions: burleyboy

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
1-3 on work days. Usually one smaller bowl before dinner and 1 or 2 bowls after dinner late in the evening. On my day off it is usually 3 or 4 depending on how much leisure time I have.

Irish Flake, Haunted Bookshop, or G&H ropes with a few cups of strong coffee is ritual to start my day off since it is the only time I can smoke a morning pipe, they are usually the most enjoyable smokes.
I miss having time to smoke my pipe in the morning, but pt then work theirs not enough time for me to truly enjoy it

tdehart

Lurker
Aug 12, 2016
During the week; one on the commute to work, one after lunch, one on my way back home.
During the weekend: as many as I have time for but usually three times a day. ...or when my mouth gets sore

Jack T

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2019
1 or 2 per day, but not every day. I generally do not smoke when the weather turns hot (I live in Texas), so I go several months without smoking at all.

mikey517

Lurker
Jul 27, 2019
NJ
I did 12 yrs in the Air Force from Cold War through Desert Storm, stayed out of it for years till my old CMSgt called and wanted to know if I wanted a job. Did another 8 yrs with 6 of it deployed in Iraq for 2 yrs straight and 4 in Afghanistan with the Army SF as a contractor. Now I sit on my back porch in the Georgia woods smoking my pipe and working for a world wide soft drink distributor...... no stress but the drive to do “the mission” still bothers me. But taking it day by day boys

Thank you for your service.

Reactions: bnichols23

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
No thanks required but thank you. At least my current employment scene allows for a substantial bowl count increase during the day!

KWYM, brother. :) Uncle Sugar does have a bit of a grip on one's "copious free time" these days. My own current employ is a toback free environment, but I manage, even with just a 10 minute commute. Peaceful time like right now (2115 in the driveway) makes up for it, though.

Bill

Reactions: kurtbob

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
KWYM, brother. :) Uncle Sugar does have a bit of a grip on one's "copious free time" these days. My own current employ is a toback free environment, but I manage, even with just a 10 minute commute. Peaceful time like right now (2115 in the driveway) makes up for it, though.

Bill
Rock on brother!

newdave61

Lurker
Aug 31, 2018
3-4 a day. Usually 2 in the car and 1-2 in the evening on the porch during the summer. I can sit by the fireplace in the winter and smoke all I want.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
I'm lucky if I can get in 1-3 bowls a week. I've been seriously jonesing for a cigar but I just can't find the time. Sadly there's a huge pile of great cigars just sitting there.

Reactions: Drew72

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Northern rivers nsw Australia
As many as time allows , one of the most endearing things about pipe smokeing to me is the fact you have to have the time to enjoy and appreciate having a pipe , of coarse i,ll squeese one or two in while at work if i can but usually one in morn after brekky with coffe while watchin the sun come up befor work then smokeo and lunch then when first home and after dina .

Status
Not open for further replies.