PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
Curious as to how many open tins or active pouches/jars you have going at any given time. My current lineup is getting a bit unruly, mostly because of (1) TAD and (2) becoming disinterested in certain blends and transferring them to pouches or jars until I'm ready for them again.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Not counting TAD, right now : four
PS Balkan Supreme for morning coffee

PS Cube Cut for after lunch

PS B&B for driving, after dinner, break and all-around "I need to smoke something"

Mac Baren Latakia Blend for late nights
If I stay home all day I tend to keep it simpler, with MB Lat Blend for start and finish, and B&B for in-between.
It only gets unruly and confusing when the 6 week shipment of baccy comes in and I feel I have to try everything that day.....

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I got maybe 8-9 in my rotation. But I buy mostly bulk tobaccos that I keep in Mason jars with a humi stick so nothings drying out. I am sitting on a bunch of unopened tins though. Think I need to open a couple though as I havent tried a few and some I got off a guy through my B&M 20 year old tins want to open one of each to see how well they have kept.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
Right now I have way too many open but generally 4-6 blends at any given time. I also have all my jars with bulk as well accessible at any given time. I always like to have a few VA's, an aro, and a Lat open.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I do my best to only have 3 or 4 open at one time, I prefer 50 grams but 100 grams is so much of a better price, I need more jars.
I have MCB navy flake, VA no 1, and vanilla flake open at the moment, sealed I have Orlik villager cocktail hour, Hal o the wynd, and escudo

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Usually 6 to 8, when I get a new batch in it can get up to 10ish, I don't buy bulk very often now as I enjoy such a big variation nowadays. Years ago I was a stick in the mud and stuck to one favorite blend for years and only had a rotation of 2 pipes at a time, this was the norm in the UK, this having a choice of tobacco and a choice of a large collection of pipes is a modern phenomenon.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
2 to 4 open tins at a time. 4 bulks in glass top jars. (1-q, MV-1000, Kendal's Kentucky and either MB vanilla cream or AC Peterson Mark Twain. They tend to play hopscotch ;-) )
But I have tins that I have opened, didn't like very much and jarred up for another day. So I don't count those as part of my "rotation". Right now, there's 5 or 6 of those.

rafterman

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2011
3 blends, all Mac Barens: HH Highland, Mixture Scottish Blend, and Navy Flake. Those 3 are my meat and potatos.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Pick 3 from: McClelland oriental, McClelland Virginia, maybe Red Ribbon or Beacon, a specialty Cornell & Diehl of some sort, and something with latakia
An occasional 4th: something heavy

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
Currently opened tins;

Rattray's HOTW

Dunhill 965

Dunhill Night Cap

GL Pease Charring Cross

GL Pease Haddo's Delight

Gl Pease Union Square

Peterson's DeLuxe Mixture

Peterson's Luxury Blend

Peterson's University Flake

Escudo

Macbaren's Vanilla Cream Flake

Esoterica Pembroke

Ashton's Guilty Pleasure

McClelland's Dark Star
This does not count any of the dozen Mason jars that I smoke from on occasion, or my OTC blends that are all over the den.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
@hnryclay: I like your format sir.
Currently open tins:

Peterson's Nutty Cut

Peterson's Sunset Breeze

Peterson's Old Dublin

Peterson's Luxury Blend

GLP Embarcadero

GLP Fillmore

GLP Cairo

GLP Telegraph Hill

GLP Chelsea Morning

GLP Barbary Coast

7 Seas Royal

7 Seas Gold

Dunhill 965
Nice to have a choice of so many great mixtures. Just wish I had more time.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
bentmike^
We share a lot of the same choices I see, great minds think alike. I smoke 4-5 bowls a night and mix it up, but I always smoke a bowl of HOTW every night. It's just that good.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Peterson's Sunset Breeze ,Sillem's Black ,Rattray's Theee Noggins ,Robert McConnell Scottish Flake . Just four but they go well together . :puffy:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I have only a few aromatics I've been smoking regularly
But by the time this next package gets here, I'll have upwards of 40 different blends.
I know, boring post, I'll put together a list soon.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Let's see, how many blends do I have? LOL!
Basically, I don't have any blends in my "rotation" as I smoke pretty much everything I have. Makes deciding what to smoke a bit of a challenge.
-Jason

kmreleaser

Lurker
Mar 8, 2012
8 at the moment and I think I need to change that. It's really tempting to try new stuff or get back to stuff that you liked and didn't smoke in a while, and it's painful to have to wait till you finish a tin till you be able to open another. But I really notice the difference of the taste of a fresh tin and a (has been sitting around for three weeks tin) SO i think I will try to make it only open 4 tins at any given time.
Kareem

Status
Not open for further replies.