PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I am an animal and have over 60 tins opened and jarred. Of the 60 I have about 15 that I smoke consistently

Reactions: Worknman

kingjon

Can't Leave
Aug 27, 2013
I have 12-13 blends that I smoke regularly and probably that many more that are nice to have around. I’m luck to smoke a couple bowls a day so it takes a while to get through them all.

Reactions: Worknman

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Too many! 16 open tins, 7 pouches, and around 20 jarred bulk blends. That said, only about 10 of those make it into my REGULAR weekly rotation. Mostly balkan and english blends. The rest are occasional diversions. I've recently gotten into SG and G&H blends and because of that 10 or so new blends have entered the rotation in the last month or so. Loving SG Firedance Flake and GH Kentucky Nougat as my occasional aromatic smokes of the season.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
5 at the moment. This is just by accident. I actually lost these 5 jarred tins from 2012 and recent found them - quite dry! So, I re-hydrated them and DAMN! Super smooth and wonderful pipe tobaccos. All smoke perfectly and need few relights. I may just start letting tins dry out completely and bring them back to life!

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
About a dozen in jars but was also gifted a sample pack of about 20 Vapers and I only smoke 3-4 times a week sooooo yeah takes a while. I usually give away a bunch to new smokers before I actually finish a tin on my own.

Smoking In The Fast Lane

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
California
Too many! 16 open tins, 7 pouches, and around 20 jarred bulk blends. That said, only about 10 of those make it into my REGULAR weekly rotation. Mostly balkan and english blends. The rest are occasional diversions. I've recently gotten into SG and G&H blends and because of that 10 or so new blends have entered the rotation in the last month or so. Loving SG Firedance Flake and GH Kentucky Nougat as my occasional aromatic smokes of the season.
I've had a tin of Firedance resting for a few months. I already have over 50 open jars so am trying to use restraint. Anything you'd compare that Firedance to?

Reactions: rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I've had a tin of Firedance resting for a few months. I already have over 50 open jars so am trying to use restraint. Anything you'd compare that Firedance to?
Lakelands can be hard to describe, but here's my take... it's definitely not directly comparable to anything else, but the base tobacco shines through familiarly as SG's dark African Virginias. The smell from the tin is an expensive scented candle... in a Lakeland way. I taste dark fruit/blackberry that seems similar to the topping on Sutliff Revelation Match or maybe Fusilier's Ration.. the brandy flavor in the mix is sort of similar to Smoker's Haven Cognac Mixture but a totally different tobacco blend than any of the aforementioned... a little similar to Erinmore but the base tobacco is much richer and way less bitey, and the fruit flavor is deeper. It's really hard to describe but the flavor is strong and delicious, and the room note can't be beat. Who doesn't love scented candles? My lady says it smells like Christmas.

Smoking In The Fast Lane

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
California
Lakelands can be hard to describe, but here's my take... it's definitely not directly comparable to anything else, but the base tobacco shines through familiarly as SG's dark African Virginias. The smell from the tin is an expensive scented candle... in a Lakeland way. I taste dark fruit/blackberry that seems similar to the topping on Sutliff Revelation Match or maybe Fusilier's Ration.. the brandy flavor in the mix is sort of similar to Smoker's Haven Cognac Mixture but a totally different tobacco blend than any of the aforementioned... a little similar to Erinmore but the base tobacco is much richer and way less bitey, and the fruit flavor is deeper. It's really hard to describe but the flavor is strong and delicious, and the room note can't be beat. Who doesn't love scented candles? My lady says it smells like Christmas.
Christmas you say? Maybe I'll be popping it open today after all! BTW, that was a great description, regardless of how I interpret the flake. Thank you for that.

Reactions: rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Christmas you say? Maybe I'll be popping it open today after all! BTW, that was a great description, regardless of how I interpret the flake. Thank you for that.
No problem! The first day after opening the candle scent can be a bit overwhelming, but after a day or two in the tin or jar with some fresh air it mellows out and the flavors hit their stride. Sometimes I just want a little bit of that flavor and a small pinch is enough to turn any Balkan or medium English into an approximation of Revelation or FR.

Status
Not open for further replies.