PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hell I dont know. Probably 100 tins and 50 jars of stuff lurking around. If I had to guess I'd say 70 blends.
Probably enough for the rest of my life. All this talk of the looming Tobaccopocalypse got me all spooked and I went on a TAD rampage.

fusion

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2019
Im about 1 month into pipes and i have 5 with another 11 ordered today

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
248 different blends.....fortunately, I have them all written down on notepad. Unfortunately, now that I counted them all, I have way too many.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
I do not have a cellar and I do not hoard tobacco based on rumours. I have tried about 40 different tobaccos and will rebuy the good ones when my stuff runs low.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I don't think of it as hoarding either. To me, it's like a wine cellar. You have choices according to my mood without having to order and wait (at which time my taste may have changed) or having to drive an hour and a half to see if my "local shop" has the blend I want.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
37 after recently getting rid of a bunch. My list of given-away or sold is growing almost as long as those I've kept.

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
I have 27 blends in the cellar that I'm specifically aging, of those 27 blends I've cellared deep on 10. I've also got around a dozen single tins of blends that are aging because they where bought on impulse when I was figuring out my likes and dislikes and lets just say I'm in no rush to open them just yet.
Sadly of the 27 blends in my cellar 11 are no longer available and I only started cellaring 5 years ago. I'm surprised how much the market has changed in such a small time frame.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
If you count small samplers of an ounce or two of various baccys, - maybe a couple hundred different blends?

I really don’t know how many exactly.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I have about 5 dozen blends in the cellar, but many of those were blends I bought a couple tins of with no intention of really stocking up. For the stuff I truly cellar (and have multiple pounds of), that's about ten blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.