PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

herrpfeifen

Lurker
Feb 28, 2018
Not to start a panic, but who knows the latest? Are they just selling through inventory or are we likely to see more shipments? I'd like to pick up a few tins that have been persistently out of stock.

herrpfeifen

Lurker
Feb 28, 2018
Ah, well. Good to know. Can anyone recommend something similar to Dark Flake (preferably something still in production)?

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I was told at the NY Pipe Show a couple of weeks ago what I had figured would happen that when the Dunhill runs out Orlik would release "tribute" mixtures under slightly new names. Will have to see if and when any FDA rules might impact this. 8O

I was really surprised at how many people who didn't like McClellands, all of a sudden became McC fanatics. Even though I could care less about any of the Dunhill blends, I have a feeling that the closer to Fall we get, the more people will become the biggest fans ever. I suggest maxing out your resources now to get as much of whatever you want while they are still plentiful. Because by the time you realize they are running out, they will be gone forever.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I plan on getting what little I want of Dunhill for the cellar and then sitting back this fall and watching the show lol. Since we are still going through the Mcflurry and it will still be fresh in the mind in the fall, the Dunhill situation could provide some very good entertainment.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I was really surprised at how many people who didn't like McClellands, all of a sudden became McC fanatics.
Me too. Pathetic isn't it? Last few years nobody smoked or purchased Blakeney's Best. My purchases were prehaged from the big boys, proving my point. Panic sets in and it's one of the first to disappear.
On to Dunhill. With their blends coming and going over the years there's quiet a bit of Match blends on the market so I don't see the craziness that happened with McC. But! You can never understand the mind of asswipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's not a match, but C&D Tuggle Hall will bring solace to some who enjoyed My Mixture 965, but with an added zing of Perique. Just saying.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
I plan on getting what little I want of Dunhill for the cellar and then sitting back this fall and watching the show lol. Since we are still going through the Mcflurry and it will still be fresh in the mind in the fall, the Dunhill situation could provide some very good entertainment.

Same...going to watch this one...I was looking to pickup Dunhill Dark Flake...I checked...Nothing. Could this one be the 1st

in the line to go?

herrpfeifen

Lurker
Feb 28, 2018
Yeah, I have a little EMP just for auld lang syne but I don't need any more Dark Flake is the one I'd buy if I could. I bet it does become the Dunhill "el Dorado."

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a fan of a number of Dunhill blends, so I'm not being Cavalier about their discontinuing their classical menu of blends. However, I am also a serious fans of brands that remain in business and attend to sufficient supply and distribution of their product. Rather than buying up fading supplies of Dunhill, wonderful though it was, I'd steer people toward supporting the sturdy brands, large and small, that continue to blend and distribute product. Let's keep them going. They are the future.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well said. Sound thinking.
Ask not what blend you will run out off; ask rather what blends are now great and will continue (barring the sky falling in).

May 4, 2015
Even though I could care less about any of the Dunhill blends
Yerp.
I roll Elizabethan in papers and I've found it to be the absolute greatest cigarette ever concocted. Could care less about Dunhill otherwise.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I was really surprised at how many people who didn't like McClellands, all of a sudden became McC fanatics. Even though I could care less about any of the Dunhill blends, I have a feeling that the closer to Fall we get, the more people will become the biggest fans ever.
And then there's me. My three favorite companies are Dunhill, McClelland, and Wessex. With Wessex Red VA and Campaign Brigade unavailable, my tobacco world has come crashing down. What's next, Savinelli going out of business? :(
Why couldn't Mac Baren or Pease have went under instead? I hate most of their blends. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.