PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rh66

Lurker
Jul 8, 2015
I just use simple pipe racks. I have two on my mantle downstairs that will hold about 30 combined. The few that I am using regularly are just laying upstairs on the wine rack in the kitchen. Nothing fancy but it works for me.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I've heard some air flow is desired to dry them out well as they rest, so a closed drawer might not be the best spot. I slapped a rack together recently.. not a beauty contest winner, but it works.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
My main cabinet, I have another for tobacco and a couple of racks as well.
win_20150604_1056422-337x600.jpg

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I store my pipes on their sides in the drawers of a four-drawer Governor Winthrop desk. To protect the pipes each drawer's bottom is covered with a folded terry cloth towel. Upon opening a drawer I can see each pipe clearly, making selection a simple matter. Further, they are protected from dust and sunlight.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Most of mine are stored upright, on a pipe rack, stem up. Why? Cuz I just do.
I also have a handful laying down in a cigar box- those are my cheaper pipes or "PSOs"- Pipe Shaped Objects. Pipes I own but are either really old, really gross, not smokeable, etc.

Jun 4, 2014
Almost all of my pipes are in racks, but I've run out of room. So til I get time to build a new rack or better yet a cabinet I keep them on a small shelf.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
My pipes are stored in pipe racks with the bowl down and stem up.... well except for a few Cobbs... they just get thrown in the glove box of the truck or on the workbench.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
At any one time, I have four cobs and six briars on active duty. The cobs live in a hanging four-pipe round rack, and the briars in a six-pipe Decatur upright rack. A few scouts live around the house in single pipe stands on a pretty random basis. When I rotate a pipe into reserve status, it gets plenty of time to dry and then goes into a boot box layered with rags made from old t-shirts. The box lives in my bedroom closet to make sure my clothes always smell nice.

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Once I have finished, it sits in my drying bowl for a day or so, then it gets put back in its sock and put on the shelf.

I only have 4 pipes and only smoke a couple of times a week, so it works for me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Couple of racks and a large ashtray that's not used for ashes hold my pipes. Plus a couple in the car. Probably close to the time to get another rack as the ashtray is overflowing.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Jkrug, that is a beautiful cabinet. The antique bug has bitten the wife and I think it's contagious.
Thank you. My wife and I found it for a very reasonable price in a little small town antique shop not too far from home. It really suits my pipes nicely but it's getting a little crowded in there already. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.