PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Find a pipe club and you'll have all sorts of offers to try a bowl of this or that. While I enjoy smoking my pipe by myself, it's the friendships I've made at the pipe club that have really fueled my passion for the hubby.
Also, find a tobacconist that sells "2-bit Hits" from their tobacco jars. Until recently, it was common for shops to encourage customers to try a bowl for free. Now, with FDA rules prohibiting giveaways, they have to charge, but most will waive the 25¢ if you buy tobacco.

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
I actually smoke different ones back-to-back all the time; I smoke about 3 to 4 bowls a day in the afternoon/early evenings (unless I'm fishing, then I smoke more). My routine is (not necessarily in this order) is one bowl of a rather heavily cased aromatic, one bowl of a lightly cased aromatic, and one/two bowl(s) of a non-aromatic or english blend. Since I'm not one of 'them thar conasewers' like some pipe smokers are, overlapping one with another doesn't bother me in the least, and actually adds to the enjoyment of that days' pipe smoking ritual.
Addressing your other question of how I started, I can't remember that far back 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.