PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I am procrastinating on my final paper for English and I came accross this pipe:
EBAY Here
I put in a 35 Euro bid. I know, I know. I have a sickness. But I won! Is this one of the "Good old 999's?" Doesn't really matter, for the price, as it is handsome either way.
So how did I do?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Forty bucks with shipping. If it is in good shape, not bad. Looks like the old style stockier 999's. I have one p-lip, not my fav but not bad.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
For $40 with shipping, it's probably a great deal no matter what. Handsome-looking pipe. Enjoy!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Thank you, MSO and Aldecaker. One of my first 3 pipes was a Pete p-lip 03. I learned to smoke it with a rubber nubby on it in order to preserve it, even. I don't mind p-lips at all. I like the birds eye on the offhand side of this one. With what Pete's are commanding over here, and it seems to be in great condition, I didn't think I could go wrong.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
For the price, looks like a great buy! Hope you enjoy.
When Peterson dipped their pipes, I remember dedicated Peterson smokers say their new pipe was breaking in well enough after 50 bowls. A company with such a shoddy production step that clearly impinged on the consumer, despite a large and steady revenue stream from selling so many pipes, made my black list.
Also the P-lip doesn't pass a cleaner, I've read, and thus not for me.

Jan 8, 2013
$$@*&!!! #&%@&!!! $#@&*##@#!!!!!!!! (That was me using curse words in the worst possible way) How the &&###! do people get deals like this?!???
:rofl: Congratulations. It's a wonderful looking 999. Enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Looks like you scored big time. :clap:
$_1.JPG

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
How the &&###! do people get deals like this?!???
Anthony - I have to say that the minute I saw that it was a 999, I wondered what your reaction would be given the St. Patrick's Day comment you made in the other thread.
Congrats on a great deal wyfbane!

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I've got a karpet too, I believe they were one of Petersons cheaper range. Mine is drilled correctly unlike my other two higher end Petes and whilst it was awful to break in it's now a pretty good smoker.
Also the P-lip doesn't pass a cleaner, I've read, and thus not for me.
P-lips will pass cleaners if you fiddle and use a thin enough pipe cleaner. However a p-lips is a fantastic example of modern marketing, in that it's a gimic that claims to solve a problem that doesn't exist and actually makes life more difficult by solving that fictitious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.