Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Kyle did a great review and photos of The Seattle Pipe Club's new Hood Canal blend. It sounds sooo delicious!

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/hood-canal-by-seattle-pipe-club/

okiepiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2019
Thank you for sharing that sir. I just got 3 tins in yesterday and I will be cracking one open within the next few days. I am definitely looking forward to it.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
sounds good, but I think that guy could make dog turd kake sound appealing. good writing skills.

Jan 8, 2013
With my latest pipe purchase the seller surprised me with a sample of this. I've not tried it yet, but plan to tomorrow if not tonight.

Jan 8, 2013
Ok. So I'm finally getting around to trying this, and I'm just about through my first bowl. I'm using a Savinelli Noce 320 because it is my opinion that Balkan/English blends sing very well in these wide chambered pipes. I'm not going to get too fancy or wax poetic about it. I may do that another time. I'm just going to say this. Of all the Balkan blends I've tried, two have been my favorite... Hearth & Home Black House, and McClelland Balkan Blue... the later of which is of course no longer in production. This has just become a third favorite, and will likely help my stash of Balkan Blue last a lot longer. It is at times smokey, at times spicy, and at times quite sweet, while at times all of the spicy smokey and sweet singing well in perfect harmony together. The latakia, from what I understand being quite heavy in this blend, doesn't drown out the other components, although it does come more to the front in the bottom quarter of the bowl. The nicotine feels a bit stronger, in my opinion, than others have mentioned. I really, REALLY enjoyed this blend. :puffy:

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks for the link, Kevin! Personally, I think Joe Lankford is as fine a blender of terrific tobaccos as anyone. He doesn't make a huge variety, but he's never blended a dud. Kudos to Joe and the Seattle Pipe Club for another delicious blend!

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
I got to try it out over the weekend. As usual SPC make the best crumble cakes and they should be really dried well to be enjoyed. It is plum pudding with burley and it tastes the way you would expect. I would rank it slightly above Potlatch, and a slightly below MR and PP. I give this a B+.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
If I'm not mistaken, the Hood Canal is the same blend as the old Pike Place; which was discontinued after it's first run due to copyright issues with the name. From what I can tell the blend went from a course cut to a cake, but the components are the same. I have a couple tins of Pike Place and it's a nice blend. It will be interesting to try the Hood Canal to see if the blend changed at all or if it was just made into a cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.