PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Hello, I've been hunting around for a vanilla aro with a very strong room note. The couple I've tried so far, while pleasant (especially lane 1-Q), were a little faint smelling for my preference. My wife actually enjoys the smell of the pipe tobacco's I've tried, and has herself said she'd rather I try some stronger room notes. I also don't mind the taste of tobacco, so if your suggestion hasn't got much of a vanilla flavoring, don't worry. I'm purely looking for the scent.
Any and all opinions would be appreciated, I love reading the discussions on this site.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lanes LL-7 has a little more vivid flavor and room note than 1Q; you might like it.

An excellent room note, though not vanilla, is Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge, which

is Va/bur/Cavendish/rum. Altadis Dark Obsession, Cavendish w/walnut, is also quite

pleasant.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Plus 1 on the Vanilla Creme. Dan Blue Note, if you can find it has a Cotton Candy kind room note. McClelland Carmael Rush has a strong room note. Carmel, vanilla. Tomato Tomahto.
Mike S.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Room scent = Sutliff's Molto Dolce hands down.
I don't smoke aro's simply for the fact that they impart no taste whatsoever for me and Molto Dolce, for me, is like sucking in tasteless warm vapid air, but it does indeed leave a very strong room note. However, if you want a tobacco that tastes good, as in actually tasting like 'tobacco', I would go with rsuninv's suggestion for Bald Headed Teacher. Great stuff with a very pleasant room note albeit I don't consider it as an aromatic.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Sutliff's Molto Dulce, Queen Anne's Revenge, Rum and Maple, and Vanilla Creme. MacBaren's Vanilla Creme, too.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I've never tried it myself, but I've heard good things about Cornell & Diehl's "Autumn Evening". Not Vanilla, but I imagine it smells pretty damn good.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Jeez, talk about quick response o.o
Thanks for the leads, gentleman. Tasty and room intense would certainly be nice, and it seems I've got quite a shopping list now :D

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
I would strongly recommend Scotty's Butternut Burley. Has a very good room note, and very good taste for an aromatic, in my opinion. Has some vanilla and chocolate tones to it, and good quality burley

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I'll second the vote for Butternut Burley. That's one of the few bulk aros I always come back to. Has a great flavor and the aroma is just that classic sweet pipe tobacco smell that so many have fond memories of their dads and granddads smoking. It's brilliant in its simplicity.
Dan's Blue Note is very good as well. Not only does it have a great room note but it has quality tobacco flavors as well.
For me, Molto Dolce is just so cloyingly sweet. It has a great reputation and loyal fan base for sure. Worth trying but just not one I could get in to.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
I'll certainly have to give the Butternut a try once I've got the money to order some, it seems to have a pretty solid fanbase. Thank you again, everyone :D

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I should have mentioned Sutliff's Mountain Pass because it tastes much like smoking Boston Creme Pie, which is one of my favorite desserts.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Sutliff "Black Kathy". Big Vanilla. But Scotty's Butternut Burley is a great smoke, as davidintexas says. Scotty's is one of the better aro's I have smoked. No tongue bite :puffpipe:

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
McClellans Vanilla. You can get it at a good bulk price on Pipe and Cigars and it is awesome. The smell is incredible and very potent.

Status
Not open for further replies.