PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Went to take out the trash just now and low and behold laying in the dumpster was three pipes, a corn cob, and two briars... all in rough shape but I believe salvageable. The first one is a little bull dog, the second a billard and the third a corn cob....all of unknown orgin but hell yea what a score!!!

trashpipes.jpg

trashpipes2.jpg

Bulldog.jpg

Billard.jpg

corncob.jpg

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
Might want to examine the bottom of the bowls carefully. There are people out there that use our type of pipes to smoke crack and similar subscibed substances. I bought 2 different pipes off of ebay that had been used thusly! Took forever to get the taste out.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
A friend gave me three old pipes he had picked up at a garage sale, ended up being former pot pipes. None of the three were salvageable. Something to think about!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
will do gentlemen...damn never even crossed my mind that they might have been used for anything other than tobacco..... :crazy:

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
saw those three on ebay last week. three dollar bid won. free shipping too i believe.....

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
guess my neighbor won em and didn't like them..... too bad... I would have given him his three dollars back but I will take them for free all day long.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Free is good, but I don't know if I'd risk it on these low value pipes. I mean, it's a DUMPSTER. If you found food in a dumpster, you wouldn't eat it (would you?) I'm assuming these have been tossed out for a reason.
But that's just me.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Talk about right-place-right-time.

Solid alcohol cleaning and any dumpster concerns will be gone.

If after thorough cleaning you were to detect the aroma of anything other than tobacco it might be a good idea to send em' back from where they came!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
If you found food in a dumpster, you wouldn't eat it (would you?)
Erm, do I have to answer that question ???

I wouldnt sweat it at all man, looks like 3 great pipes ! The cob is going to be 1960's-1980's or so. Really nice stems on those, it will last a lifetime. The Billiard looks like a briar stem ?? Sweet !

All look to be in good shape. And for the record, I have found a LOT of sweet stuff in dumpsters :nana:

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Homeless eat out of dumpsters all the time, but I don't but if I found 3 pipes I would go in and take them, then I would clean the 3 up good and try to save them.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
never fear gentlemen!! I have never been afraid of dumpster diving and I have ate stuff that would make a billy goat puke!! I will take the time and care to restore them as if I had bought them from an estate sale or off fleabay... make no mistake, I am very proud of the score and have no problem that they came out of a dumpster, as a matter of fact I am already on the 400 grit stage of restoring the briars, both are coming around beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.