PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I guess that my main function in life now is finding inexpensive pipes that are a little out of the norm. Whether they have no name, no country, unknown name, or different styling, I seem to be on a quest for the different. This pipe is odd first because of the stamping. Erica Sandroc, Styled by Lorenzo, Product of Italy. I can only assume that it's made by Lorenzo but I've never heard of the Erica Sandroc series. It doesn't look all that Italian, more of a Danish shape in my mind, so I guess it's a Yachtsman shape. It's quite similar to the Savinelli shape 904, so I should be on the lookout for the Captain of the Black Frigate heading my way with a boarding crew. :mrgreen: I can't seem to find much info on it either. So what say you ladies and gentlemen?
img_03351-600x358.jpg

img_0343-600x362.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Sorry, that sounds like I don't like it ^. I think it's really cool. Any idea what "Sandroc" means?

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Thanks for the comments guys. I got the pipe on eBay, $12 opening bid and no one else bid on it. I figured that Sandroc refers to the finish being sandblast. I still don't understand the stamping that says, Styled by Lorenzo. Almost sounds like they didn't make the pipe, but I'm pretty sure they did, I mean who else? Erica?

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
A Lorenzo second line, Erica (Erica Arborea, the Latin for briar) Sandroc the finish(think sand rock). :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You're safe Orley. The only other pipe I go after is the GBD 9613. Interesting piece though. Cylindrical or Conical chamber?
$_1.JPG

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
I also cannot resist adopting oddball pipes. Looks great.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Distinctive looker, for sure. Looks like a fairly narrow but deep bowl. I think it might do well with flake, whatever kind you favor, and give a full-length smoke with that. It might burn a little hot with some blends and cuts, but not so much with flake or plug. It might also do well with several other smaller pipes for pipe shows or clubs where you'd be sampling different blends.

Jul 15, 2011
The chamber shape ought to ensure that anything that you put in it will burn beautifully. I'd say you did a pretty nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.