Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Happy (Brown) Bogie Unsliced...Nuff said... :puffpipe:

redawg53

Lurker
May 13, 2017
I suck down OJK n royal yacht neither hit me hard, perhaps I should eat a handful and smoke a bowl at the same time. Straight Perique will knock my socks off? hmm

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Tambolaka - yes, but it is no longer available. Got any?
Arapiraca Castanho Rope - kick in the head Brazilian brown rope, perhaps stronger than Tambolaka or Cotton Boll (or maybe both mixed 1:1, but haven't tried that combo)

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
redawg53

RY and Old Joe are not exactly full-strength.
I second the Brown Bogie by gawith, and the Brown Twist sliced too. Black twists are strong as well, but the taste if offensive/uninteresting to me. War Horse Bar is strong as well but overly scented.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
I've read that one, maybe two puffs of Cotton Boll will send you to the bathroom.

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
I have a 40% Perique blend. (Black & Gold Crumble by TAK/MOTZEK I have a reveiw of it on here)....and it's smooth, mellow and not a nic-bomb, nor a strong smoke at all! Strong(er) in Nic
I can second that. I am quite sensitive to nicotene and even this high amount won´t knock me off my feet. On the other hand everything dark fired Kentucky, irish plugs or twists will flatten me... 8O

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
I don't get much from Joe Krantz, Bold Kentucky or Irish Flake, they have strength but it doesn't seem high to me. Happy Bogie is nice. Perique hits me differently than normal nicotine. A strong blend will make me feel calm and focused, I'll sneeze before getting overloaded and woozy so that's my cue to put it down. Blends with a decent amount of Perique get my heart going, feel more alert and ready to tackle anything.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Much of the famous SG/GH catalog will be of interest to you.
Happy Brown Bogie/Brown Twist Sliced is a perpetual favorite around here. I like to mix it with Cube Cut Burley for a dual empire Virginia/Burley airstrike.
You might also consider Dark Birdseye and Kendal Dark.
Cotton Boll Twist is just an excellent Burley. It is strong, but enjoyable. I like to mix it with Hal O' The Wynd for a strong Va/Bur/Per (this year's "trending blend" type, perhaps).
I will second the vote for Five Brothers, which I frequently mix with Royal Yacht, which I also mix with Burley Flake #1 sometimes, which is also a great heavy hitter.

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
The higher Nic blends I prefer are: Condor Ready Rubbed + Flake + Plug, 5 Brother's, Royal Yacht, Semois (green pack), Key Largo, Hyde Park and War Horse Bar.
As it has been said already the G+H ropes and twists.
Get some 5 brothers. It's wicked inexpensive. I also mix it with Royal Yacht and Condor for higher nic when needed.
It is also nice to mix with other blends.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
The strongest blends I've tried include...

Jack Knife Plug and the. Ready Rubbed version

1792 Flake

Big and Burley

Brown Irish X

Nightcap

MM 965

Royal Yacht

...not in any order.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think it's the XX Brown Twist rope that is supposed to be the most nicotine rich, though Black is quite sufficient. C&D Dark Burley and their Big'n'Burley also pack a bit of nic. Five Brothers, yes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
reddog, you don't say how you do with nicotine. If you are just experimenting, take it slow, either a small bowl or a third of a regular bowl. Eat a good meal first, drink some beverage (to hydrate). Most people do fine, beyond a little light-headed feel, but if you don't know how you do, don't drive or use power tools. Some people react little, if at all, and others get kind of sick, so be sensible. I don't smoke for a buzz, but when it arises, I find it kind of nice. I don't soak up high-nic blends, but I enjoy them in moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.