PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Hi everyone. I’ve dabbled with pipe smoking for a couple of years but recently ramped it up when finally kicking the cigs into touch

Originally from the UK but currently living on a little island in the Indian Ocean, which must be one of the harder places to get more involved in pipe smoking as a pastime... since they don’t actually sell tobacco here!
I’ve just started pulling together a small pipe & baccy ‘collection’ but already I can tell you;

If you want me to smoke it then make it an apple bowl & half-bent/bent pipe and fill it with aromatic please, a ready rubbed mid strength vanilla, maple, rum etc are all good

Perhaps my narrow range of preferences and tastes will expand & I'll get a wider education after talking to you folks for a while… ?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Originally from the UK but currently living on a little island in the Indian Ocean,

Well that sounds exotic! Where are you exactly? Incredible that we have members from all over the world here.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure your tastes will change over time, but that may or may not have something to do with the merry band of enablers that populate this forum.

Reactions: peregrinus

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Challenge Accepted.

Since you said Indian ocean and pipe tobacco isn't sold there, my guess is an island in Indonesia.

Sorry fella but no

Welcome to the forum.

The only Indian Ocean island that I know much about is Diego Garcia.

Ner ner (that's supposed to be that silly 'family fortunes' noise you hear when you offer an answer.... and it scores naff all points ? )

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Originally from the UK but currently living on a little island in the Indian Ocean,
Hello and welcome from Seattle Washington USA.
You don’t say East, West or South Indian Ocean so there’s a lot of area to consider. Well, let us see. Madagascar is rather large for an island, same with Siri Lanka so I’d rule them out. Zanzibar and Seychelles are really archipelagos, not so much individual islands so strictly speaking don’t really qualify. The Maldives are again a collection of atolls so... let’s I’ll guess something truly exotic like Christmas Island.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. Can you order tobacco online without prohibitive customs? Or, how do you obtain pipe tobacco? Obtaining leaf sounds like a separate hobby in itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.