Peterson Tobacco Ad

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peterson Tobacco Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty59

Apr 19, 2018
Hi all, just joined in from the east coast down under. Really enjoying the read here, as I have re visited pipe smoking after many years. Trying as many different blends and varieties as I can source ATM. Looking forward to sharing the experience, and learning along the way. I want to make it a fun journey, and it's great to share with others in the same frame!

Cheers Smitty

meatballj

Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick
Hey Smitty. Welcome from Canada. Heading to your part of the world this summer. Sydney and Cairns. I know taxes are restrictive much like Canada, but are there any shops worth visiting while there?

smitty59

Apr 19, 2018
Alexanders in the city may be worth a look, I think there is a pipes and cigars in Double Bay too.

Cheers

npod

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2017
Cheers and welcome. I look forward to following along with you on this great forum.

smitty59

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks all. I guess the basic Balkum Riff, Capstan, Stokkebey, and a lot of the commercial tinned stuff is available here, but man do you pay for it! I am plodding along with stuff I can import, as the price of tobacco here would have me doing Ned Kelly style" stand and deliver" shotgun style otherwise. I look forward to chatting with a heap of you guys, and thank you for the warm welcome!

I am still fluffing about with trying as many different blends as I can, trying to find a couple that will tickle my fancy, and have me stashing a few for a small cellar.

It's a fun journey so far, although the odd customs catch is frustrating.

Cheers Smitty

dottiewarden

Preferred Member
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Welcome to this wonderfully international community.
It's a fun journey so far, although the odd customs catch is frustrating.
I often get non smoker travellers to bring me back 200 grams of blends I can't get locally, at any price. I don't do cross border online purchasing to avoid the frustration you mention. A co-worker is going to Chicago next month and that means Iwan Reis just became part of his travel plans. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.