PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfred

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Velkommen fra København :D This is a great forum to learn and find inspiration.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I know you are from Germany, but just to mention, I had a childhood friend in first and second grade from Denmark. His dad was with the Danish consulate. My friend gave me a poster of Danish royalty that was on my wall until I went to college. Torben was my friend's name. Good kid, extremely smart. I'd stop off at their little house -- his dad was junior in the diplomatic corps at the time but rose very high. Torben would set up his toy Coke machine loaded with the real thing, and we'd enjoy that.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
Welcome from Cape Ann, Massachusetts.
I was a college student in 1987 and studied for a semester in Copenhagen, and I lived with a Danish family in Hvidovre. I have very fond memories of my time there, both the country and the people. And the father of the family enjoyed his pipe every night, which probably had an influence on me taking it up.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Welcome, and keep in mind that if the bar is small enough - less than 40 sq meters - you can still smoke indoors in Copenhagen.
routesnorth.com/copenhagen/smoking-in-copenhagen/
Actually, I think my profile picture was taken in a Copenhagen bar.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Leonard: I know! This is really strange: the smallest places is where you would think smoking is really not a good idea. To be honest: small bars full of cigarette smoke are not my cup of tea :)...

Status
Not open for further replies.