PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Seriously. I opened a new tin of Hearth & Home Blackhouse this evening and when packing it into a jar, pulled out a long black hair! Like about 6 inches long. 8O
Now, being a H&H blend, might this be an authentic Russ Oulette hair? Should I jar it and keep it cellared and see how it ages? Perhaps an admiring eBayer would pay me a decent price (or an exorbitant price). Or maybe I should simply return it to Russ with a nice note of appreciation.
So have any others found "extras" packed in with their tins or bags?
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
There were nails in the ends of my Gawith & Hoggarth ropes, but I understand that happens pretty regularly.
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The punchline of the old joke was, "Keep your voice down or all of the customers will want one."'

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I have a Dunhill tin that came with a long blonde hair haha. I also once got a tin of Penzance that was full of brush bristles.

techie

Jul 20, 2018
The hair is pretty impressive. Think about it ... what it takes to get a long hair in a 50g tin of tobacco! I'm a Quality Assurance Analyst, and it's my job to assure that no "hairs" get through the process. In my world, this is an epic failure!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...so I got out my pocket knife and chipped up that barrel stave and smoked it, sheer thrift it was.

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
I opened a Penzance tin once with a whole shock of hair embedded in the flakes and neatly sliced along with the tobacco. I told myself it was probably one of those hot young interns that Germain has filling the tobacco presses.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
The hair is pretty impressive. Think about it ... what it takes to get a long hair in a 50g tin of tobacco! I'm a Quality Assurance Analyst, and it's my job to assure that no "hairs" get through the process. In my world, this is an epic failure!!
Thank you for your service!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Flip it over on E-bay.
Call it the "Last Remaining Follicle on a Unicorn's Rectum" and you'll be good to go.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
From the description: "The addition of monkey hair adds a uniquely piquant quality to this fine smoke...4 Stars!"

Status
Not open for further replies.