PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I really like Lorde's song "Royals." I love how it calls out all the posturing in so much modern hip-hop and pop. I wanted to incorporate some home-made footage from my high-school years that brings three friends to life (whom I still cherish) and underscores how wonderful an "ordinary" life can be.
I imagine the resulting music video will mean far more to me and these friends -- and those who know us -- than it will to the world-at-large, but here's a link just in case anyone's curious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLehQRZjCw&feature=youtu.be
Thanks!
Bob

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
That clip about 2:10 with the guy stopping in the road... Total pulp fiction moment, I was almost expecting you to run him over...

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Wouldn't do that! That was my dad! Happened completely by accident; we were driving back home, stopped at a light while I was filming, and there he was.
Bob

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Hah! the way he walks off it looks like you were about to ;) Its a well made video though, and to be honest, more fun than the original video. Less skinny white kids too. Can't tell if I love lorde or hate her.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I really like Lorde, but I could not wrap my head around the narrative she was trying to tell with those skinny white boys. Just when some images made sense in light of the lyrics, they'd show something baffling. That's what led me to add footage I could relate to.
Bob

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I think they;re supposed to represent poor people doing poor related things, with the lyrics that they're never going to be royals etc. It's a bit artsy fartsy for me, to be honest I'd sooner watch you and your friends run around in the seventies than watching skinny white guys shave their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.