Savinelli 904 De Luxe
s-l400.jpg

s-l400.jpg

s-l400.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
You'll be needin' to toss that in the dinghy or run it up the mast on a string.
The hold is overflowin' with the blasted things, Cap'n!
bones.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
As above, I don't think it's possible to love pipe smoking without loving pipes, and then buying pipes. I think the longest I went in my last five years of smoking not buying was nine months. Not smoking, I still look at pipes and am at times tempted to buy. But it really helps control PAD when QPS (quit pipe smoking).
Nice forward jutting Dublin!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Arrr, Cap'n. Ye've collected more booty than an Irish tavern girl! Ye can'nah stop till ye've 904 o' them 904s!
:rofl:
I saw that one cycle through and end twice with no one bidding on it, and for €49, I couldn't say no to an unsmoked one. :oops:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
MuWAH hahahahahahaha... :twisted:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/savinelli-giubileo-doro-yacht-shape-904ks

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Got a Giubileo D'Oro 904 from an Australian seller last year for $75, and returned it after finding it didn't have the brass inner tube. It was nice, just wanted it to be complete.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Good gawd, embers, you're worse on specific addictions than I am, & I thought I was one of the worst! -evyl grin-
One of my old regular customers way back when had a similar one, but he did admittedly vary the kind of "crack" he wanted. He'd come in twice a month & buy two each time. His "needs" were very simple: Peterson, half bent, military bit, bowl shape/finish immaterial. The first 3 elements were hard & fast, though. As you can imagine, after the first couple of years, finding suitable smokes for him started to be a challenge!
Gorgeous pipe; you know me & Savs by now; Dublins & Zulus are a downfall for me as well. I've only bought 8 pipes in the last two weeks. I had to use incredible restraint to keep it to that for my marriage's sake. The wife looked at me awfully oddly when two more racks came in the mail the other day....

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
What makes it worse is that that shape is available as a 904, a 9004, and the GBD 9613. My wife doesn't raise an eyebrow to anything that soothes my nerves. Her book collection rivals anything I've accumulated in the past 20 years we've been together. Most of those yachts were bought within a 3 month period last year, and all but 2 were under $30. :mrgreen:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Ahhhhh, gotcha. I think maybe one reason she hasn't said anything .. YET .. is that in our 35.5 yrs I've yet to complain about her yarn, fabric, & patterns. Some of us here have a man cave? Our house has a *yarn* one.... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.