PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Ok Folks,
Just picked up a much anticipated haul that includes some Rattray's Old Gowrie as well as some Red Rapparee. I have never tried either one. I only get about one bowl a week these days and I am torn between which one I should try first! Looking for your votes on which one deserves the attention first, and why!
If Gowrie, it will probably go in my peterson tankard or harp 106 smooth. If Red Rap it will probably end up in my sav spigot sterling bordeaux 315KS.
Either way, there will be Glenkinchie Distiller's Edition :lol:
Help me out! Planning on firing it up this evening... :puffpipe:
Frank

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
There are no set rules or wrong decision. They are both great. I lean toward English in the evening so, I would go with the Red Rapparee.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I vote Red Raparee. I had some of that recently, not too shabby. I haven't opened my Old Gowrie yet :|

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Old Gowrie gives my mouth a weird, almost change in the texture of my saliva feeling, but it has a nice smell reminiscent of old shop tobacco.
I would go with RRR

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I like both, but, being late May and with your rate of consumption, I would open the Old Gowrie tin. I am fonder of Vas in the hotter months.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
"I like both, but, being late May and with your rate of consumption, I would open the Old Gowrie tin. I am fonder of Vas in the hotter months."
cachimbero............late May in Alaska is a little different. It's 43 degrees today, hahaha. But your point remains valid, in a month (4 bowls away) it will be 60/70 degrees. Not sure that will keep me away from my English/Scottish blends, :puffpipe: but good insight nonetheless.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Plan to smoke two bowls, one of each, and flip a coin on which goes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.